Newest Review: ... rate was higher than the internet rate for the rooms, and didn't include breakfast. Our room was furnished with vintage 1970s furnitu... more
Don't stay here unless you're a glutton for punishment
Member Name: SugarSpun
Disadvantages: It's truly horrible
I'm giving the Adelphi one star because it has a lovely exterior, a fabulous lounge and a great location.
That's not enough to maintain a hotel. I stayed here for a wedding in winter. The "exclusive" wedding rate was higher than the internet rate for the rooms, and didn't include breakfast. Our room was furnished with vintage 1970s furniture, we rolled into the saggy dent in the middle of the mattress and there was a disturbing amount of dust and dirt, not to mention old cigarette burns, on the furniture. The bathroom was similarly old and dirty and smelled of, well, unwashed bathrooms.
Worse, the radiator was broken - the temperature was barely above freezing outside and we could see our breath in the room. We complained and they sent a tiny portable space heater up - someone came into the room and turned it off while we were out.
We were also paying the bill of my brother in law. He borrowed an iron - they charged a £10 deposit to our account and refused to refund it because he rather than we returned it.
The experience was dire, and when we complained our letter was ignored. We won't repeat it.
Summary: Wasted potential, Fawlty Towers was never this grubby.
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- Nice little venue, lovely rooms
- Ideal for laying your head down after a concert!
- Horrid Hilton !
- you get what you pay for... ish.
- Good wedding venue
- Good place to stay
- Outstanding Meal, Fantastic Staff
- A crown for the crowne
- Can You Bear Not To Stay In Paddington.
- A Decent place to stop for a night.
- Travel Lodge (Warminister)
- Doubletree Hilton (Tower of London)
- De Vere Orchard Hotel (Nottingham)
- Premier Inn (Gatwick North Terminal)
- Welbeck Hotel (Nottingham)
- Telford Golf and Country Club (Telford)
- Hillcrest Hotel (Widnes)
- Tewkesbury Park Golf and Country Club Hotel (Tewkesbury)
- Bridge Hotel (Waterford)
- Grosvenor Hotel (Stratford)