Newest Review: ... do believe it was worth it. I have never stayed in a 5* hotel before and so the etiquete was all new to me, however, they do say that you... more
Balmoral... max luxury
Member Name: snoopy
Date: 28/07/01, updated on 28/07/01 (113 review reads)
Advantages: Location, Service, Luxury
Disadvantages: Price, Food in brasserie, Elegant dress
I have never actually stayed in the Balmoral, but I have been there plenty of times for tea and functions.
The tea room is comfortable and the service is impeccable, with delicious teas and cakes etc.
Function room facilities are fantastic if you want to do a presentation, seminar or conference of some kind.
I have been in one of the rooms before and I must admit the provisions are great. Comfortable beds, TV, imternet access all the mod cons you would hope for or need as well as great service, room service, information, telephone, messages etc.
Highly recommended to anyone visiting the city because aside from its great location by Prince's street, it will be a holiday to remember, but be prepared to pay a good 120 pounds for a double room, and I would also advise you avoid the brasserie... it is cheaper than the restaurant, but it did almost poison me the 2 times I've been there, so treat yourself to fine dinner in the restaurant if you intend to eat in the hotel... although there are many fantastic restaurants in town: Fisher's for good fish in Leith, Est Est Est for good italian food on Geroge Street, or even the Witchery behind the castle for a seriously good Scottish dinner. Enjoy!!
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- What do points make? Prizes
- We're sorry. This lift has temporarily run out of magic
- Stylish And Refined
- You Little Beauty!
- Give this hotel a Wide Berth!
- Good location - lottery for the quality of the rooms!
- Simple, basic, nice hotel
- 4* Hotel for a Family of 3
- 1990's decor - up for a bit of retro?
- A cosy weekend
- St George's Hotel (Llandudno)
- Red Hall Hotel (Lancashire)
- Old House Hotel (Wickham, Hampshire)
- Rhinefield House Hotel (Lyndhurst, New Forest)
- Holiday Inn (Walsall)
- The Eskdale Hotel (Langholm)
- Belfrey Hotel (Manchester)
- Brookdale Hotel (Newquay)
- Hanover International Hotel (Reading)
- Edward Lear (London)