Newest Review: ... concert. Maybe it was the company in which we booked it through but we received a basement room. The room was clean with a comfortable bed... more
If you can afford it go elsewhere.
Byron Hotel (London)
Member Name: mayday12
Byron Hotel (London)
Advantages: proximity to Central London
Disadvantages: noisy, overpriced,
London hotels are not easy to find so unfortunately we had to settle on the Byron Hotel. This hotel is in the Bayswater area and is convenient to Central London and close to a few good restaurants and shopping centres.
A month ago we spent two nights in this hotel in town to attend a concert. Maybe it was the company in which we booked it through but we received a basement room. The room was clean with a comfortable bed but we were next too the noisy airing unit which made it almost unbearable to sleep once it kicked on which fainted the constant buzzing sound of the above lights when the door card was placed in the wall. Removing the card meant no electricity which meant no television.
Things got worse around 6am with stomping from the kitchen staff above the room and from the stairwell outside the room.
Breakfast was just mediocre without a lot of interesting choice. Yoghurt, cold cereal, tinned fruit, juice, coffee, cold ham and toast.
I also think that housekeeping could pay more attention to the windows. Just because it is on the basement floor doesn't mean I guest won't pull back the curtains
I don't think I would return to this hotel and if I did I would have to have a room on a top floor away from the constant noise. Also I don't think I would recommend it. If you have can afford it please go elsewhere. This place was £170 for two nights.
The only advantage to this place was the location.
Summary: Not such a good place
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- A cheap place to lay your head
- Guys Thatched Hamlet Lancaster
- The clean hotel for my dirty weekend away!
- A Calm Room Devoid Of Clutter.
- A great place to stay before a flight
- Parking was quite a walk
- Stay in Dorset on the Isle of Wight
- North Star Hotel Good value for Dublin shopping and shows at the O2
- No way is this a Blackpool hotel?!
- Stay where Nelson's ships were built.
- Travelodge (Liverpool, Aigburth)
- Best Western Le Strange Arms Hotel
- Travelodge (Manchester Central Arena)
- Best Western Palace (Isle of Man)
- Hotel Ibis (Elstree, Borehamwood)
- New County Hotel (Gloucester)
- Premier Inn (Colchester Central)
- Leasowe Castle Hotel (Moreton, Merseyside)
- Hotel All Seasons London Leyton (Leyton, London)
- Park Inn by Radisson, (Leigh, Greater Manchester)