Newest Review: ... The en-suite bathroom came complete with La Source/Crabtree and Evelyn toiletries in a large size (which i appropriated) and comfortabl... more
Member Name: moronboy
Date: 29/09/00, updated on 29/09/00 (107 review reads)
Alledgedly, this hotel is the choice of such luminaries as Sean Connery and Richard Wilson when they stay in the capital - when I was there, the best we had was Gazza, which was slightly disappointing. Nevertheless, this is possibly the most glorious hotels I have ever stayed at. We didn't get one of the Castle view rooms, but I had a nosy in someone else's and the views from them are stunning.
This is a big, grand, enormously classy hotel; polished doorman, huge staircases, opulent but tasteful decoration, and restaurants serving heavenly food. But there's little no edge, no discernable attitude, just a wealth of good service.
Our room had a vast bed, the biggest bathroom I have ever seen in my life, and wonderfully decorated, lovely rooms. I would like to live there really. The staff are discreet and reserved, but not spooky, even with people who have Wigan accents like me. The breakfast, even if you end having to stand next to a smelly Geordie football player while getting your egg and bacon, is marvellous, and the restaurants are little short of miraculous for an evening meal.
In terms of location, the Caledonian is at one end of Princes Street, and a short walk from the castle. It looks fab, and is unquestionably one of the UK's great places to stay.
Needless to say, it isn't cheap (we were on a freebie though, haha!) , but it's worth absolutely every last penny
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- THE LANES HOTEL - BRIGHTON
- What a pile of poo- Smugalurs Haven
- smugglers 'hell'
- Paramount Hotel Temple Bar Dublin
- A very Historic Hotel with Wonderful Service
- Best Western Bournemouth Royale
- The Hilton Nottingham
- Excellent value for money.
- Travelodge, London Marylebone
- Making your stay perfect in every way.
- The Ship Hotel (Parkgate, Wirral)
- Tune Hotel Kings Cross (London)
- Master Builders (Hampshire)
- Holiday Inn Express (Leeds Armouries)
- Mansfield Travel Lodge
- Best Western Roker Hotel (Sunderland)
- Best Western John Howard Hotel (London)
- Innkeeper's Lodge (Dudley)
- Hotel Grosvenor (Torquay)
- Ramada Encore Hotel (Ipswich)