Newest Review: ... in your room. The hotel has one of the best restaurants in the area but I must warn you now book well in advance as its very popular esp... more
Not just a hotel
Cefn-Yr-Erw Hotel (Powys)
Member Name: welshwolf
Cefn-Yr-Erw Hotel (Powys)
Date: 10/06/01, updated on 10/06/01 (197 review reads)
Advantages: see article
Disadvantages: see article
Cefn-yr-erw is a set of converted farm buildings that lie idyllically about fifteen miles from Swansea on the way to Brecon. Just outside of the village of Abercrave on the Caehopkin Road you need to keep your eyes peeled or else you will miss the signs.
The rooms are all double rooms and en suite with what I thought were stunning views. The were a little bit small but with so much else to do there you will not want to spend much time in your room.
The hotel has one of the best restaurants in the area but I must warn you now book well in advance as its very popular especially on a Sunday lunch. Much of the produce used is local i.e. Lamb, trout etc. Although a little bit expensive you get what you pay for with mouth watering dishes that if you like herbs (I think I do!!) the tastes are fantastic. There is a licensed bar put the selection of draught beers etc was a bit limited, stick to the wine.
They do have what I would call library that doubles for conference facilities with great big log fires, great in the bleak winters. An of course with the restaurant and local scenery its an ideal place to hold a wedding reception.
The owners Jan and Graham have a great love for animals and have quite a variety of rescued animals. The following are just the ones I remember: -
Sheep, Lamas, Pot-bellied pigs, pigmy goats, Artic Foxes, marmosets, minature horses, Kune Kune pigs.
And when Penscynor wildlife park in Neath shut they took on the gorillas. These are great to watch and I can spend hours watching them. My kids recon I’m looking at mirror images!!
As I said in the title this is not just a hotel it’s also a day out with splendid walks also available from the hotel. The room price varies from month to month but is quite reasonable. Check out the web site if you want to make an enquiry.
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- Motel moments - moments from the beach!
- Swallow Hotel not to sniff at
- An Irishman's home is
- Lego Brick hotel - The Slough/Windsor Marriot
- Victorian Delight.
- 4* Hotel for a Family of 3
- 1990's decor - up for a bit of retro?
- A cosy weekend
- Cheap and cheerful, in the heart of Chester
- I think they've crowned a winner!
- Hotels in Dublin (county) in general
- Holiday Inn Express Oxford Kassam Stadium (Oxford)
- Hilton Newport Hotel (Newport)
- Hampton Hilton Newport East (Newport)
- Mercure London Paddington Hotel (London)
- The City Hotel (Dunfermline)
- Hotels in Donegal in general
- Hotels in Kerry in general
- Hotels in Kildare in general
- Hotels in Galway (County) in general