Newest Review: ... The location was what first attracted me to it. The Premierinn is ten minutes out of town by taxi, whereas this lovely little hotel is... more
Clovelly Hotel - The best Hotel in Salisbury for the same price as a Premierinn
Clovelly Hotel (Salisbury)
Member Name: TimListfield
Clovelly Hotel (Salisbury)
Advantages: Brilliant location near train station and city centre, lovely staff.
Disadvantages: Only offers breakfast as a meal, but that doesn't matter as you can be in the city centre in 5 mins
For anyone staying in Salisbury, The Clovelly is place I'd recommend. I've stayed in Salisbury several times, twice here and twice at the Premierinn just out of town (before I knew about this hotel) and this is a lovely little Hotel that boasts excellent value for money, a wonderful personal customer service, comfortable rooms and just about the best location possible for a hotel.
The location was what first attracted me to it. The Premierinn is ten minutes out of town by taxi, whereas this lovely little hotel is located right next to the train station (but just far away that you can't hear the trains), two minutes walk from Salisbury Park and the Cathedral, and five minutes walk away from the city centre. So as location goes, this is the best because it's near enough to the city centre that you can just walk, but far away enough that you don't have all the noise. The best bit is that this is all for near enough the same price as a Premierinn room.
When you arrive, you are met by one of two lovely ladies that work there and they will help you to your room. The hotel is safe, with a coded door that no one can get in other than the guests and the staff are more than happy to provide little extras that they can. The rooms are very comfortable and have a bathroom, TV and tea making facilities. You can also order breakfast (included in the price), though it should be noted this is the only meal that the hotel can offer. However, that doesn't matter as you are just a few minutes from the city centre and its restaurants anyway.
This is a fantastic little hotel in a fantastic location with lovely staff. I really enjoyed my stay here and can say this is the place to go if you go to Salisbury. Also, they offer a small conference room that can be used for functions such as business.
Summary: A wonderful little hotel.
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- Good central hotel
- A modern B&B in the Lake District
- Capsule Hotel in Central Location
- As Lenny says...everything is Premier but the price!
- Clean, comfortable and value for money.
- Would have been "wel" good without the sleepless nights
- BEWARE IF YOU ARE ILL!!!!
- Visit The Skylounge!
- A stones throw from Durham City Centre !
- A Decent place to stop for a night.
- Thistle Charing Cross (London)
- Aston Sheffield Hotel (Sheffield)
- Premier Inn Preston West (Preston)
- Premier Inn York North West (York)
- Premier Inn Worcester (Worcester)
- Grange Strathmore Hotel (London)
- Thistle Trafalgar Square (London)
- Center Parc (Elveden Forest)
- Center Parc (Longleat Forest)
- Marriott Hotel (Glasgow)