Newest Review: ... first to find out whether they have a pool/jacuzzi/gym as this adds a little bit more luxury too if thats your thing. With the De Vere ... more
De Vere Hotels in general
Member Name: researchqueen
De Vere Hotels in general
Advantages: Great value for money on the deals offered...
Disadvantages: Expensive for the normal nightly rate and out of the way locations
I have stayed at 4 different De Vere Venues over the last 12 months and have been very impressed by them all. Admittedly these were all part of a deal offered by De Vere costing £10.00 a night so it is well worth making sure you get on their mailing list as they are currently offering £19.00 rooms as I type however availability is slim and you need to be flexible. When you are looking at one of these deals do your research first to find out whether they have a pool/jacuzzi/gym as this adds a little bit more luxury too if thats your thing. With the De Vere Venues (not to be confused with De Vere Hotels) these are generally all business conference centres so you may find that on some of the locations there is an older country house and than a new part as well. On the deals they offer you tend to find that you are put into the newer part but I've found that nearer the time they have emailed me to find out if I want to upgrade my room for £10.00. They also offer deals on an evening meal which I have taken up once and been impressed although the food selection isn't always that great. However all the Venues have free cappucino/coffee machines dotted around with biscuits and fruit for you to use! With the deals aswell there is no breakfast included, however if you're on a budget (like we were) I took some croissants, fresh coffee and my filter pot and that was breakfast in bed sorted!
I'm not sure I would pay the full price for these but they are definitely worth £10.00 or £19.00 for the night...and they are definitely better than a Premier Inn. We also stayed at the Venue in Wokefield Park in Reading which turned out to be the BMW Training Academy so lots of Minis and BMW's in the reception in case you like that sort of thing! Out of the 4 Venues I have stayed at, they all had plenty of outdoor space to walk around so if you just want to get away for the night these are perfect but none of them seemed to be close to anything unless you wanted to get in the car and drive...
Summary: Good deals to be had
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- Good central hotel
- A modern B&B in the Lake District
- Capsule Hotel in Central Location
- Clovelly Hotel - The best Hotel in Salisbury for the same price as a Premierinn
- Clean, comfortable and value for money.
- Best Western Bournemouth Royale
- The Hilton Nottingham
- Excellent value for money.
- Travelodge, London Marylebone
- Making your stay perfect in every way.
- Berkeley Court Hotel (Dublin)
- Aston Sheffield Hotel (Sheffield)
- Premier Inn Preston West (Preston)
- Premier Inn York North West (York)
- Premier Inn Worcester (Worcester)
- Great Southern Airport Hotel (Cork)
- Grange Strathmore Hotel (London)
- Hanover International Hotel (Cardiff)
- Alveston Manor Hotel (Stratford)
- Westbury Hotel (Dublin)