Newest Review: ... of the city on Dunkeld Road, Inveralmond and is placed, quite unusually, amidst car showrooms and factory buildings but was nevertheless ... more
Holiday Inn Express, Perth
Express Holiday Inn (Perth)
Member Name: spam330
Express Holiday Inn (Perth)
Advantages: Fantastic Value for Money
Disadvantages: Somewhat industrial surroundings
In August this year I took my daughter away for a few days to the City of Perth (Scotland) for a short break. I had identified lots great places for kids to visit and coupled with the beautiful scenery it seemed like an ideal choice.
I booked a 2 night stay for 1 adult and 1 child on a bed & breakfast basis, at the Holiday Inn Express, Perth. The break came to a total of £98 which I found fantastic value for money.
The hotel is situated on the outskirts of the city on Dunkeld Road, Inveralmond and is placed, quite unusually, amidst car showrooms and factory buildings but was nevertheless a well presented building with good car parking facilities and impeccably maintained grounds. The centre of Perth is only a couple of miles away and takes only 5 minutes in the car. I was advised by hotel staff that public transport links are also excellent to the centre and surrounding areas. Next door to the hotel was a large family friendly restaurant with outdoor seating and both indoor & outdoor kids play areas. The location suited me perfectly, allowing me to easily get out and about and see Perth although I do think some may be put off by the somewhat industrial setting.
Our room was small but perfectly formed and had tea/coffee facilities, TV, hairdryer etc. The beds were clean and comfortable and the bathroom was modern, bright and more importantly spotless, overall I was very pleased and felt it was good value for money.
Breakfast in the morning was a pleasant surprise and included, fruits, yoghurt's, cereals, breads/rolls, bacon/eggs/sausage, hot and cold drinks, cheeses, pastries etc. It was a self-service buffet which was immaculately presented and staff were pleasant and efficient.
The hotel has a small, modern reception area where staff were cheery and accommodating and a small bar area were alcoholic beverages and snacks were served.
Our stay was very pleasant, our room was cleaned daily with fresh towels and linen, there was no noise at night, it was child friendly and overall very impressive. I really dont think I could have found better especially for £98.
Summary: Overall a great value hotel
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- Prince Regent Hotel Brighton - Not Quite As Good As It Sounds.
- Not great but not too expensive either
- Not a pleasurable experience.....
- NOT A COCK AND BULL STORY
- Smiling service and good food
- Basic, but a good base in the city
- The only good thing about our time here was that it was only one night.
- To the Manor Born
- Upstairs, Downstairs
- A Good Night Sleep Guaranteed!
- Wessex Hotel (Bournemouth)
- The Kenmore Club (Perthshire)
- Seaview Hotel (John O' Groats)
- Ramada Encore (Luton Airport)
- Jury's Inn (Sheffield)
- Premier Inn (Edinburgh, South Queensferry)
- Express By Holiday Inn (Glasgow City-Riverside)
- Best Western Bruntsfield Hotel (Edinburgh)
- Holiday Inn Heathrow Airport (London)
- The Merchant Hotel (Belfast)