Newest Review: ... (a distinct lack of smiling going on!). The Forums location couldn't be better, the Gloucester Road tube station is only five ... more
The Forum Hotel - Kensington 4****
Forum Hotel (London)
Member Name: indiecater
Forum Hotel (London)
Date: 09/12/00, updated on 09/12/00 (300 review reads)
Advantages: Comfort at a Price.
Disadvantages: Looks a bit boxy from the outside.
We were in London on a work night out and our accommodation was the celebrious Forum Hotel in Kensington. When we arrived I took a look at the price list which ranged from about £150 to £200 per night per room (twin/double). The staff are made up of a large array of different nationalities and we found them to be attentive if not overly friendly (a distinct lack of smiling going on!).
The Forums location couldn't be better, the Gloucester Road tube station is only five minutes away and you can be in Oxford Street within 15. The surrounding area is very quite. We went for a little walk near the hotel and the buildings/cars denote a very prosperous area. The Forums structure is quite old but inside it has a grand feel to it. The reception desk is well manned and quite long so checking in/out is very quick. Although we asked for a double room, we ended getting a twin and unfortunately due to time constraints we didn't get a chance to remedy this. The room itself was comfortable without being lavish but was very clean and had all the facilities to make the stay enjoyable (the first time I have seen a playstation option..great!!).
Our stay was to include continental breakfast but you had the option to upgrade to full English breakfast for £3.25 which was very reasonable. The bar was a delight, it had a very old world feel to it which made a relaxing drink possible. Overall we would give the Forum the thumbs up, but I'm not so sure we would be willing to part with so much cash to stay there again.
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- EURO TOWER - it's cheap, yes, BUT...
- HELLton not Hilton
- Cheap and cheerful in the Chinese Quarter
- Weekend hideaway
- Get-a way Relax!!!
- The Jury is in - this hotel is a guilty little pleasure
- Our Stay at the Windlestrae
- A good Premier Inn
- Rest for the weary traveller?
- A comfortable hotel offering exceptional service and food
- Best Western Premier Leyland Hotel (Preston, Lancashire)
- Sundial Cottage (Aldeburgh, Suffolk)
- South Buckton B&B, (Belford, Northumberland)
- Jurys Inn NewcastleGateshead Quays Hotel (Gateshead, Tyne & Wear)
- Travelodge Birmingham Streetly (Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands))
- The Grafton (Harrogate, North Yorkshire)
- Travelodge Central Queen Street (Edinburgh)
- Sundial Venue Barnett Hill (Guildford, Surrey)
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh (Edinburgh)
- Brackenbury House (Portland, Dorset)