Newest Review: ... the bedding set is very expensive if you want to purchase it and it costs nearly a grand! The room had a really nice 32 inch flat screen TV... more
Marriotts are predictable, but that's ok by me
Glasgow Marriott Hotel
Member Name: mgoldman
Glasgow Marriott Hotel
Date: 15/05/01, updated on 08/03/05 (127 review reads)
Advantages: comfortable, helpful staff, convenient for SECC
Disadvantages: expensive if your paying, not much in immediate environs
I spent an exceedingly comforatble two nights in the Glasgow Marriott recently.
I was attending a meeting at the SECC, and it is possible to walk it from there in about 15 minutes, but a taxi is easier.
The location is not brilliant. It's not near anything useful, and most things are a ride away.
The staff were the epitome of helpfulness, and a smoking room was changed for a non smoking without a blink. Rooms are large and comfortable. There is a desk if you need it, an armchair, and a bowl of fruit, coffee maker etc. It was an exceedingly comfortable room and I was sorry to leave it.
I only ate breakfast there. The breakfasts are the ususal contemporary buffet, but the choice was huge. Lots of fresh speciality breads, smoked salmon, hot and cold buffet and so on. Light airy breakfast room with an air of bustle.
Looked at the bar. Nothing to write home about. Fairly comfortable, but hotel bars are probably not the place you want to drink in Glasgow.
There is a modest health center, and I judge them by their swimming pools. This was just about ok, but was a funny depth shape. Health center staff were charming and helpful.
By Glasgow standards, this is at the upper end of price, and its what you want someone else to pay for. I would probably choose this one again, and it reinforces my concept that Marriotts are ok.
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- Canterbury Tales
- Great Pub Grub.
- Nightmare at the Hilton
- Family fun at Towers Hotel
- Belfry Hotel - golfers can go stick their clubs
- Drink Plenty for a Good Night's Sleep!
- The Daily Mail is Right. Prison IS like a Hotel
- Lucky White Heather ?
- Excellent cheap hotel in London
- Over rated, over prices and under staffed. A REAL VIEW OF THIS AVERAGE PUB
- Hotels in Bedfordshire in general
- Hilton Newport Hotel (Newport)
- Hampton Hilton Newport East (Newport)
- Hotels in Swansea in general
- Mercure London Paddington Hotel (London)
- The City Hotel (Dunfermline)
- Aston Sheffield Hotel (Sheffield)
- Landmark in general
- Sheraton Grand Hotel in general
- Hotels in Bradford in general