Newest Review: ... stayed here for a shopping weekend in Dublin with my mum a year or so ago, maybe things have improved since then! But our room was cramped ... more
Gresham Hotel (Dublin)
Member Name: LegallyBlonde88
Gresham Hotel (Dublin)
Disadvantages: the rooms
The Gresham Hotel has an excellent location but that is about all it has going for it!
I am sure it was a beautiful hotel in its day, but unfortunately it is quite old and looks as though its falling into disrepair!
I stayed here for a shopping weekend in Dublin with my mum a year or so ago, maybe things have improved since then!
But our room was cramped and shabby looking...the bathroom was equally dull. The bath looked disgusting and I think I decided just to go dirty that weekend when I saw the state it was in!
The dining room was a joke, it was like sitting in your grandmothers living room! The breakfast was not good, very poor selection of fruits or anything in the continental part. I know irish hotels tend to focus on the fry up but they also need to cater for other tastes!
We dined there one evening because it was included in the particular package we opted for...I have to admit dinner was alot better than breakfast. All was going well until I heard a loud scream coming from a table full of American guests. The staff were trying to get her to shut up because they also could see what she had seen...a massive spider scuttling across the floor.
Summary: I wouldn't stay here again
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- Great to look at, but can't disguise its limitations
- Happy Nights in Harrogate
- Hilton Dundee!
- By George, it's a Hotel!
- Reasonable Chester hotel, acceptable for families
- Not quite where the hotel I would book for visiting Hampton Court!
- Best Premier Inn Ever!
- They also serve who only stand and wait. Or those who have nowhere to sit down!
- I would never stay here again
- 4 stars for a 4 star hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Oxford Kassam Stadium (Oxford)
- Hilton Newport Hotel (Newport)
- Bishopstrow House and Spa (Wiltshire)
- Hampton Hilton Newport East (Newport)
- The Cornish Range (Mousehole, Cornwall)
- Mercure London Paddington Hotel (London)
- Premier Inn Wolverhampton City Centre (Wolverhampton)
- The Bottreaux Hotel (Boscastle)
- The Big Sleep Hotel (Cardiff)
- Sandringham Hotel (Sandown, Isle of Wight)