Newest Review: ... a golf course attached which is great but we prefer to just lounge about, have a good rest. The rooms are spacious and well equipped. Som... more
Member Name: squanderler
Hall Garth Golf and Country Club (Darlington)
Date: 13/07/04, updated on 13/07/04 (116 review reads)
Advantages: Excellent Service, Great Facilities, Lovely atmosphere
Disadvantages: Could be closer to town centre?
Quite literally the BEST hotel I have ever stayed in (and there's been a few!).
This is a must for anyone looking for a quality hotel with easy access to all local attractions. Excellently sited for an "in-betweenie", just off the A1, Hall Garth provides easy access to Darlington and it's shops and bars. For the outdoor type, it is a great base for the North York moors and the coast. Newcastle and Northumberland are just up the A1 for the more adventurous traveller, with shops, bars, clubs, museums, and all the sites the North East boasts!
The hotel itself offers a friendly service with excellent standards. The gym allows you to work up a sweat before dining in the excellent Hugo's or perhaps a Chinese banquet in The Stables. The golf course and swimming pool offer a more leisurely persuit.
The food is fantastic and very reasonable! Served by lovely staff with excellent local knowledge. If you are served breakfast by a Turkish waiter, be sure to order some eggs, it's his speciality! Room service is available throughout the night for the late arrivals.
The hotel is often used for business and conference facilities yet still caters for families and travellers alike. For a real experience, upgrade to one of the suites. Situated in the old part of the building, they used to be the family bedrooms and boast some fantastic original features - wonky floors and four-poster beds!
All-in-all, this is a very good hotel and well worth the money.
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- Great at what it does - But Don't Holiday In Ashford, for Gawd's sake!
- Two views, just to be fair, of the Hilton, Sheffield
- Priceline sent me to the Arora International, Gatwick. Which was nice!
- It?s Hip To Be Square ? Le Méridien Gatwick Airport
- Kick a man when he is down
- A New Hotel With A Few Issues..
- Come fly with me
- Not The Best Of Budget Hotels
- Worst hotel i've stayed at!
- The Ryanair (Kind Of) Of The Hotel Industry
- Premier Inn (Belfast)
- Premier Inn York North West (York)
- Premier Inn Worcester (Worcester)
- Grange Strathmore Hotel (London)
- Travel Lodge (Warminister)
- Doubletree Hilton (Tower of London)
- Urban House and Retreat Spa (Brighton)
- Hotel Marriott West India Quay (London)
- Griffon Forest Holiday Lodges (York)
- Hotel Newington (York)