Newest Review: ... to check in early and the room is available the would be happy to accommodate you). So at reception, I gave my name and a few details ... more
Member Name: Halibut88
Date: 13/03/04, updated on 13/03/04 (53 review reads)
Advantages: Very good service, Clean, smart, Everything works, Leisure facilities
Disadvantages: Character-less utopia, Do you like Laura Ashely?
Stayed here in February 2004. Nice chain hotel with staff who are trained to provide service. Have you been to those reception desks where you just know that your presence at the desk is just an annoyance to the receptionist. - Definitely one of the more easily discernable differences between.. a very cheap hotel.. and a hotel where you are paying for the service.
The hotel itself is everything you mgiht expect from price range. Clean with that touch of laura ashely pseudo cottage character chain chic. (as Cottage charater chic goes in a multi-million pound hotel). Nice pool and leisure facilities, nice room, nice bathroom, ... its all.. nice.
The most outstanding thing is the very good service. We had an unfortunate chance to call upon out of hours service to help with a minor medical emergency. The subsequent service, attention and consideration was highly commendable.
If you want a comfortable, non-hassle place to stay, I would recommend this chain. (on my experience). If your looking for a holiday destination.... Im not sureeee Basingstoke is it! But someones Basingstoke may be another persons Taj Mahall. !! ????
(Perhaps if it is your Taj Mahall, you ought to seek some advice from a close friend for signs of delusion of grandeur. )
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- An Admiral Hotel
- Breath of fresh air
- Renaissance Heathrow - Thanks!
- Rude owners
- Would I stay again at Le Meridien Piccadilly? Don't be silly!
- Not quite where the hotel I would book for visiting Hampton Court!
- They also serve who only stand and wait. Or those who have nowhere to sit down!
- I would never stay here again
- Good central hotel in York
- 4 stars for a 4 star hotel
- Red Hall Hotel (Lancashire)
- Seaview Hotel (John O' Groats)
- Ramada Encore (Luton Airport)
- Jury's Inn (Sheffield)
- Old House Hotel (Wickham, Hampshire)
- The Grosvenor Hotel (London)
- Grafton Manor Hotel (Worcestershire)
- Holiday Inn Express (Cheltenham)
- Beaumont House (Old Windsor)
- Premier Inn (Blackpool Central)