Newest Review: ... his attitude. Asked if we wanted upgrade for£10.00 which we took, plus 2 breakfast vouchers at£10.00. A saving of £8.00 pp. Parking isn'... more
Hilton Hotel (Gatwick)
Member Name: Gary_Flower
Hilton Hotel (Gatwick)
Advantages: The hotel is only a short walk from the terminal
Disadvantages: The prices in the hotel are to high
The Hilton hotel at Gatwick is located at the Airports south terminal. The hotel is behind the main car park and is access by a bridge from the main terminal. I use the hotel every time we go to Gatwick for a early flight as it give us a chance to relax and we don't have to rush for our plain. If you use this hotel be sure to use twilight check in (If you carrier has it) this lets you check in the night before and miss the rush.
When you step into the lobby you will have a Costa coffee and gym on the entrance, a bar and lounge on the middle the check in on the left and restaurant on the right. Once you have checked in you will make your way up to your rooms. The rooms are basic as you are at an Airport not a major city but you do get the normal TV, hair dryer, Tea and coffee. The room are very nice and the bed nice and large, great if you like your space.
The restaurant and bars at the hotel are VERY expansive. The best thing you can do is either go back in to the terminal and go to the Gatwick Village and eat there. You can also take water or something back to the hotel room for later.
If you are luck like me and have a Hilton gold card you can make use of the free happy hour 6 till 9 in the executive lounge. You can have beer, wine, some spirits, Cheese, crisps, cold meets and some Indian selection. The have free internet, TV and papers for you to use. You can use this lounge all day but you will have to pay the expensive costs so best to wait till happy hour.
Me and my family have made this part of the holiday now always staying here and getting a great service and good nice sleep. The cost of £150 a nice is well worth it.
Summary: A great hotel for a short stay
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- Are you prepared to meet thy maker?
- Great location and soundproof sleep!
- You can't go wrong with a Marriott
- Sadly deteriorated from what it used to be
- Need a Manchester Airport hotel? Try this...
- Travelodge - The no frills Hotel Chain!
- Quiet and comfortable.
- Sounds like it should be a wine producer, but a great base for a weekend away.
- I was disappointed
- Nothing Too Much Trouble!
- Travelodge (Penrith)
- Mercure York Fairfield Manor Hotel
- Travelodge (Glasgow Central)
- Travelodge (Manchester Central Arena)
- Spa Hotel (Lancashire)
- Yotel Hotel
- Sherwood Castle Holiday Forest Resort (Newark)
- Cotswold Water Park Four Pilars Hotel (South Cerney)
- Swinton Hotel (London)
- The Merrymouth Inn (Burford)