Newest Review: ... online through hilton's website with a special offer and booked a double room. Email confirmation came through and all was ok. Once ... more
Hilton London Metropole
Member Name: helenlkeeler
Hilton London Metropole
Date: 13/05/09, updated on 14/05/09 (16 review reads)
Advantages: great staff will do anything. great location to west end and oxford street
Disadvantages: needed extra nights stay to fully enjoy. Edgware road doesn't feel safe after dark
I booked this hotel for a weekend away with my boyfriend for his birthday as i had booked him tickets to see We will rock you. Also we had just got engaged so it made it a very special weekend for us. So we decided to make a weekend of it. We booked online through hilton's website with a special offer and booked a double room. Email confirmation came through and all was ok.
Once we got to the hotel which was in easy access to everything, we walked everywhere through are weekend. Having said that the Edgware road which the hotel is situated in is not very pleasant to walk down in the dark.
Once we got to the hotel we were told that there was no double rooms left and we had a twin room. I was not happy with this and explained i had booked this on their website months in advance as it was a special occasion and would not be happy in a twin room. The girl went and spoke to her manager and came back and offered us a deluxe disabled double room. Which we accepted and was happy with this. Then the manager came over again and said as it was a special weekend he would up grade us to their Suite free of charge. Ofcourse we were over the moon and the room was fabulous!!! We could not fault the staff they really pulled out the stops for us. And we highly recommend it.
Summary: Overall great hotel in great location
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- Not a great night sleep
- A good hotel in a lovely location, but beware of the costs.
- Five Stars for the Seven Stars!
- Our magical stay at Alton Towers
- Premier inn
- Not to be confused with tea at the Ritz!
- Premier Inn, Inverness West.
- A great stay at the Holiday Inn, Portsmouth.
- Great short break
- Not Perfect But Not Far Off
- Hotel The Nottingham Belfry (Nottingham)
- Hotel The Midland (Manchester)
- Hotel The Lord Hill (Shrewsbury)
- The Ship Hotel (Parkgate, Wirral)
- Tune Hotel Kings Cross (London)
- Master Builders (Hampshire)
- Holiday Inn Express (Leeds Armouries)
- Mansfield Travel Lodge
- Travelodge Hartlebury (Kidderminster)
- Travelodge Edinburgh Central Waterloo Place