Newest Review: ... unfortunately it did not include breakfast! Arrival Once we arrived at the hotel, we parked up and went to reception. We seen to immedi... more
Wembley Plaza fit for a rock star
Hilton Wembley Plaza (London)
Member Name: liz3yy
Hilton Wembley Plaza (London)
Advantages: Comfortable and good value
Disadvantages: Slightly expensive restaurant
I've just got back from a weekend stay at the Wembley Plaza with my boyfriend. We booked a two night stay a few months back and managed to get ourselves a good deal, £70 per night instead of £170 for a double room.
The hotel website stated that check-in was 3pm yet we arrived at just after 12pm and were able to check straight in and go to our room. Check-in was hassle free and took all of about 5 minutes, the receptionist was friendly and took the time to explain all the facilities the hotel had to offer which is always a help.
Our room was on the 7th floor and had a pretty good view overlooking west London. The room was small but cosy and nicely decorated with a huge double bed taking up most of it. There was amble storage space plus a decent sized 21inch TV and a stylish en suite bathroom with a well lit mirror and powerful shower and bath combo.
I've stayed in other hotels where the walls appeared to be paper thin and you could the slightest noise but at the Wembley Plaza it was the complete opposite, I had a wonderful nights sleep both nights of our stay and awoke very refreshed and ready for a good nights sight seeing.
The hotel is just 5 minutes walk from Wembley Stadium and Arena so is perfect if you're going to a concert of football match. It's also close to several train and tube stations plus there are plenty of bus stops too which is just as well as the weekend we stayed there was a replacement bus service in place of the tube in the Wembley area.
As well as comfy bedrooms the hotel also has a good sized relaxing bar which serves a good selection of drinks, both alcoholic and soft ones, there is also a restuarant next door though we didnt use it as it seemed quite expensive compared to eating out elsewhere.
Finally on the ground floor there is a small health club with a well equiped gym and a 18m2 pool which adjoining steam rooms. I used both during our stay and left feeling relaxed.
If I go to a gig or other event at Wembley I would definitely consider staying at the Wembley Plaza again. It was comfortable, good value and very friendly
Summary: Good place to stay if you're going to a gig
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- Dear to my heart The Deer Park Hotel. Howth. County Dublin.
- A good weekend away
- Great Location... Great Price... Great Hotel!
- Park Inn-didn't hit the spot with me
- Advert is Cheesy but it Works.
- Drink Plenty for a Good Night's Sleep!
- The Daily Mail is Right. Prison IS like a Hotel
- Lucky White Heather ?
- A bargain hotel in central London
- Excellent cheap hotel in London
- Cowley Manor (Cheltenham, Gloucestershire)
- Best Western Premier Leyland Hotel (Preston, Lancashire)
- Sundial Cottage (Aldeburgh, Suffolk)
- South Buckton B&B, (Belford, Northumberland)
- Jurys Inn NewcastleGateshead Quays Hotel (Gateshead, Tyne & Wear)
- Westin College Green (Dublin)
- Renaissance Chancery Court Hotel (London)
- Heathrow Marriott (London)
- Renaissance (Heathrow)
- Sheraton Skyline Heathrow (London)