Newest Review: ... and the gym so that I was aware of where the facilities were. Whilst walking to my room which was located on the first floor, I notic... more
Great base for exploring North Wales
Holiday Inn Chester West
Member Name: djfoz
Holiday Inn Chester West
Advantages: Great service, reasonable prices, nice food
I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Chester West whilst visiting friends and family in North Wales. I was very impressed with this roadside hotel and felt that the hotel exceeded in providing comfortable and pleasant accomodation their customers.
On arrival, I was greeted with a friendly smile, provided with information regarding the local area, meal times and given clear directions to both my room, the restaurant and the gym so that I was aware of where the facilities were. Whilst walking to my room which was located on the first floor, I noticed how clean and tidy the hotel appeared throughout and how quite it also seemed. The car park had been pretty full outside however their seemed to be no hustle and bustle inside and the bar and lounge area seemed very quiet.
My room was very pleasant with all the mod cons and amenities I would expect from a hotel. The room had modern decor and was very large and spacious which was more than adequate for just my partner and I. The bathroom was large and clean and had a nice dressing area which had plenty of space for my partners belongings. The room had a nice view of their gardens at the rear of the hotel and despite being situated next to a dual carriageway, I couldnt actually hear any noise from the road outside.
In the evening we dined in the restaurant and were very impressed with both the service and the quality of food. The meal prices were more than reasonable and very delicious too. A three course meal with a couple of soft drinks each came to just over £25 and in all honesty was actually probably one of the nicest meals I have had. The bar service was always very quick, prompt and polite and again their prices seemed very reasonable for a hotel chain.
Overall this is a great hotel in an ideal location to explore North Wales. Our room cost us £69 bed and breakfast and we had a really enjoyable stay. I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel.
Summary: Lovely hotel
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- Nice when it's not freezing!
- If it was good enough for JFK- it is certainly ok by me
- Handy for travel, and well appointed
- Luxury B&B on a working farm in Devon
- Traditional yet contemporary and tranquil
- Not to be confused with tea at the Ritz!
- Premier Inn, Inverness West.
- A great stay at the Holiday Inn, Portsmouth.
- Great short break
- Not Perfect But Not Far Off
- Radisson SAS Portman Hotel (London)
- Radisson Vanderbilt Hotel (London)
- Mercure London Paddington Hotel (London)
- The City Hotel (Dunfermline)
- Aston Sheffield Hotel (Sheffield)
- Premier Inn Preston West (Preston)
- Premier Inn York North West (York)
- Conrad International Hotel (London)
- Radisson Mountbatten Hotel (London)
- Ramada Plaza (Bristol)