Newest Review: ... for dinner. The car park and entrance to the hotel are very long and thin and while parking at5pm was no problem when we came back after d... more
Well located but not as boutique as it would like to think!
Hotel Bridge House (Reigate)
Member Name: ellesmellycat
Hotel Bridge House (Reigate)
Advantages: Good location
Disadvantages: Parking was a nightmare
This hotel is located just off junction 8 of the M25 so is in a really great location if you wanted an overnight stop while doing a long journey, but you'll need to keep your eyes out for the hotel as its off quite a busy road.
We stayed here while we were visiting friends in the area so checked in at 5ish and then went out for dinner. The car park and entrance to the hotel are very long and thin and while parking at5pm was no problem when we came back after dinner at 9.30pm the car park was full of people form the hotel restaurant. After driving right to the end and finding no spaces I then had to reverse the car in the very narrow car-park in the near dark (very bad lighting) since there was no room to turn around. And then had to wait 30 minutes before getting a parking space, I wasn't very impressed but if I was at the end of a long journey and tired it would have been a nightmare!
The hotel entrance looks great, nice fancy sofas-very boutique hotel. We didn't use the bar or restaurant but they did look very nice and had a piano playing. Although the people in the hotel restaurant were my grandparents age, and it looked like a dress up for dinner place not a relaxing jeans kind of place.
After the entrance things get a bit less fancy, the room was exactly like the photos on the website show, but in the hallway there were piles of towels and a hover left there all night. The room was clean and of a nice size but the view was of the carpark.
We paid £65 for one night room only booked direct via the hotel website, it was about £100 if booked on expedia.
Summary: Would be good for a break while driving if you can be sure of a parking space.
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- Nice hotel in nice surroundings
- A real gem in the heart of the Cotswolds
- A cheap nights sleep!
- A Clean, Modern hotel in Brighton offering attractive rates
- Whatever you do, don't turn left!
- Not quite where the hotel I would book for visiting Hampton Court!
- Nothing Too Much Trouble!
- Best Premier Inn Ever!
- They also serve who only stand and wait. Or those who have nowhere to sit down!
- I would never stay here again
- Hilton Newport Hotel (Newport)
- Hampton Hilton Newport East (Newport)
- Mercure London Paddington Hotel (London)
- The City Hotel (Dunfermline)
- Aston Sheffield Hotel (Sheffield)
- Hotel Craiglands (Ilkley)
- Hotel Hatton Court (Gloucestershire)
- Travelodge (Edinburgh Musselburgh)
- Premier Inn (Edinburgh East)
- York Alternative Bed & Breakfast (York)