Newest Review: ... I was meeting my friends for dinner and as I had time to spare beforehand I was able to relax with refreshments and a DVD. My room c... more
A night of luxury
Hotel Green Bough (Chester)
Member Name: phillyon89
Hotel Green Bough (Chester)
Advantages: Everything... staff, food, cleanliness, THE ROOM!
Disadvantages: small problem with DVD but that is being fussy!
This hotel was perfection!
I have recently written a review mentioning a hotel that was well over my usual budget... well this is it!
The 4* Green Bough hotel is situated on Hoole Road, Chester... great access for the centre of Chester by car, and not too far to walk if the weather is nice.
Myself and my girlfriend stayed in one of the four junior suites for one night which including breakfast put me back £99. This price was due to a late deal and is normally priced at £249.99 per night, to be honest, had I of paid full price I most definitely wouldn't of raving about it... then again I simply couldn't afford £250!
Reception & Staff:
I can't speak highly enough of the staff, we arrived at the hotel after a trip to Chester Zoo (also reviewed) at approximately 4:30 pm. We went to the front desk and were welcomed by a very welcoming, friendly female receptionist who signed us in and made polite conversation before showing us to our room. After this we didn't see her again but every member of staff couldn't have done any more to be of help with anything. They arranged a DVD and chocolates (complimentary) to be ready in the room for our return 9:00 to be shown to our seats and offered a wide selection of drinks and a breakfast menu. Service was extremely quick and there were no mistakes at all.
Absolutely amazing room! Very spacious with a large 4 poster bed right in the middle, there was a dressing table, full length mirror, full sized wardrobe & flat screen t.v, and still plenty of floor space to move about it comfortably. The en-suite was a very decent size, with a shower/bath at one end with a small dividing wall between that and the toilet and sink.
I couldn't have asked any more of the hotel! There was nothing that I would have changed about the night, it was a last night away for a while for myself and my girlfriend as she has just left for university so really was a perfect way to end the summer! Nothing but a huge thank you should go to everyone at the Green Bough hotel.
Summary: Well worth splashing out on a night here!
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- Nice hotel shame about the staff and revellers
- Good hotel, and handy for Wembley!
- Not many home comforts but okay to lay your head down
- Good base in Edinburgh
- WOOLLEY EDGE !!!!
- Drink Plenty for a Good Night's Sleep!
- Over rated, over prices and under staffed. A REAL VIEW OF THIS AVERAGE PUB
- A New Hotel With A Few Issues..
- Come fly with me
- Not The Best Of Budget Hotels
- Ashtree House Hotel (Paisley)
- Best Western Glenridding Hotel (Cumbria)
- Charlton House (Somerset)
- Ibis London Wembley Hotel (London)
- Ibis Birmingham Airport Hotel (Birmingham)
- New Lanark Mill Hotel (Scotland)
- Murrayshall House Hotel & Golf Courses (Scotland)
- Campanile Coventry North Hotel (England)
- Overwater Hall Hotel (Cumbria)
- Future Inn Cardiff (Cardiff)