Newest Review: ... basis and found the meals were pretty good compared to some places! the room we stayed in was very clean.myself and my wife went down t... more
Hotel Miramar (Jersey)
Member Name: kacky
Hotel Miramar (Jersey)
Advantages: Lovely hotel ,friendly helpful staff,very well kept
Disadvantages: No telephone in room,vegetarians not catered for (did ask before booking and told they were)
When we eventually found the Miramar hotel ,up a very steep and narrow lane we were quite impressed.We arrived at reception and a very nice friendly staff member greeted us ,after filling in a small questionaire...name address etc,we were shown to our room.It was below ground level but was surprisingly well lit and airy,it consisted of two bedrooms one with double bed and en-suite bathroom (full suite)and a further bedroom with bunk beds,lots of wardrobe and drawer space.We overlooked the pool and small jacuzzi which looked very nice ,although due to cold wet weather we never used them.
The bar was a little dark and somewhat gloomy we felt it could have done with a splash of colour in it ,the prices were average hotel prices,but not a lot of choice as only had one draught beer on.
The restaurant was very well laid out and the choice of wines were quite good too.My husband is a vegan which we mentioned before booking and were assured that it would'nt be a problem ,however this seemed to prove quite difficult for the waiters/waitress's , but by the end of our holiday they had grasped it!althuogh he didnt go hungry my husband ate some rather odd varieties of food some good some not so good,but this is a problem with most hotels so we must'nt assume it isnt.
We would go back to Jersey but due to the climb back up the unlit dark lane to the hotel we wouldnt go back to the Miramar.
The overall holiday was enjoyable (apart from the weather! )and if you have booked to go to this hotel you will have a pleasant stay.
Summary: Small friendly hotel but not for the less able bodied.
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- Oh, I do like to be beside the seaside
- A Jazzy Little Number
- Innkeepers Lodge - a great stay
- Brighton Rock
- Disgusted with this so called leisure group
- New Years Eve 2006
- The only good thing about our time here was that it was only one night.
- To the Manor Born
- Upstairs, Downstairs
- A Good Night Sleep Guaranteed!
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh (Edinburgh)
- Brackenbury House (Portland, Dorset)
- The Big Sleep Hotel (Cheltenham, Gloucestershire)
- Feversham Arms and Verbena Spa (Helmsley, North Yorkshire)
- Stradey Park Hotel (Llanelli, Camarthenshire)
- Travel Lodge (Warminister)
- Doubletree Hilton (Tower of London)
- De Vere Orchard Hotel (Nottingham)
- Premier Inn (Gatwick North Terminal)
- Welbeck Hotel (Nottingham)