Newest Review: ... basis and found the meals were pretty good compared to some places! the room we stayed in was very clean.myself and my wife went down t... more
Clean & friendly. Noisy
Hotel Miramar (Jersey)
Member Name: Swills
Hotel Miramar (Jersey)
Advantages: Friendly & helpful staff, spotless, lovely pool, great view
Disadvantages: Start hoovering at 7am very thin walls
We stayed at this hotel last week (29th May). I booked it on the internet and always received quick and polite responses to my Emails.
My husband, myself and our 4 year old daughter were made extremely welcome. The rooms are clean and my daughter was very excited to have her own adjoining room with her own TV and bunk beds.
The bus stop is a couple of minutes away and buses really are easy to catch. Don't waste a taxi fare to the hotel just catch the bus, the number 15 to St Helier,all the bus drivers knew the hotel.
The pool is lovely despite the weather being a little fresh at times the pool was always a good temperature.
The decor as I think others have mentioned is dated but it isn't swirly patterns so not too bad.
Two problems were that there was no soundproofing. We listened to a football match one night as the people nextdoor were watching it, we could hear other word they said. (no they weren't shouting)Unfortunately they had a tendency to get up at 6.30. and then the staff would begin hoovering at 7am.
Breakfast was very basic. No fruit or continental alternatives. But for the price you can make do.
Comfortable, friendly would have been great if the room nextdoor was empty.
Summary: Comfortable,clean friendly, great pool but noisy
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- miramar hotel
- From gunpowder to tranquility!
- When the Cock Crows....
- A Jazzy Little Number
- Innkeepers Lodge - a great stay
- Ideal for laying your head down after a concert!
- Horrid Hilton !
- Great location and soundproof sleep!
- Quiet and comfortable.
- Sounds like it should be a wine producer, but a great base for a weekend away.
- Travelodge (Liverpool, Aigburth)
- Best Western Le Strange Arms Hotel
- Meadoways B&B (Braunton)
- Point House Bed and Breakfast, Ridlington
- Red House Farm (Glaisdale)
- The Broadway Hotel (Broadway)
- Campanile Hotel Glasgow Airport
- Best Western Palace (Isle of Man)
- Hotel Ibis (Elstree, Borehamwood)
- Holiday Inn (Sandy Bedford)