Newest Review: ... we arrived at the hotel we were shown where to park within the hotel grounds. We ended up not moving the car for 5 days as everything i... more
The Bond Hotel, Blackpool..great for special needs.
Hotels in Blackpool in general
Member Name: Tray0098
Hotels in Blackpool in general
Date: 10/09/02, updated on 10/09/02 (896 review reads)
Advantages: Excellent for people with disabilities, Very central, great food
Disadvantages: Not really for families
Short break taken at The Bond Hotel, 120 Bond Street, Blackpool. Mon 2nd sept - Fri 6th Sept 2002. BBEM.
I visited The Bond Hotel as part of a group of 8 people, 4 of the group had very severe learning disabilities, as a result they needed very specialized accommodation. The Bond Hotel had assured us that our needs would be catered for, and they certainly lived up to our expectations.
The hotel decor is very ' English Hotel ' ...alot of dark red and wood! But It maintained a bright and airy feel, and was certainly very clean.
All of the rooms we had booked included a walk in shower, which was great for our group, as they were able to shower safely ( this can be a problem with physical disabilities. )
The rooms were all en suite, with a clean bathroom that was cleaned every day. The rooms were of a good size ( essential for wheel chair manouvres! ) Comfortable, clean, with a TV and tea and coffee making facilities.
Breakfast was served at 9am-9.30am. It was very typical of an English hotel - Juice, Cereal,toast and a full English. However, it was one of the best breakfasts I'd ever had! Well presented, tasty, and plenty of it. All served by some of the friendliest most helpful waiting staff I've ever come across!
Dinner was served at 5.30-6pm, and again, the food was great. I had roast lamb one night, veggie curry another...I can honestly say I really enjoyed the food. And the Scotch Whisky Parfait I had for desert one night is not to be missed!
The hotel entertainment comprised of bingo every night, followed by some sort of musical entertainment...usually a singer of some description. All presented by the hotels resident entertainer, LindyLou. Although the younger members of our group were not too impressed, those more mature in years enjoyed it. These nightly shows went on until around midnight.
The hotel staff throughout our stay were friendly, polite and really helpful. They made our st
ay an absolute pleasure.
The Bond Hotel is situated on the South Shore, very close to Blackpool Pleasure Beach ( you can see the Pepsi Max Big One from the front door! ) It really is conveniant for the Pleasure beach and the South Pier, and there are tram stops very close by too.
We really enjoyed our stay!
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- DO Judge a Book by its cover!
- Luna Simone Hotel - Fantastic Value
- The Marriott Bristol City Centre
- For children, not romance
- Escape from it all
- Not quite where the hotel I would book for visiting Hampton Court!
- Best Premier Inn Ever!
- They also serve who only stand and wait. Or those who have nowhere to sit down!
- I would never stay here again
- 4 stars for a 4 star hotel
- The Kenmore Club (Perthshire)
- Seaview Hotel (John O' Groats)
- Ramada Encore (Luton Airport)
- Jury's Inn (Sheffield)
- Premier Inn (Edinburgh, South Queensferry)
- Novotel (Southwark, London)
- Best Western Ullesthorpe Court Hotel (Ullesthorpe, Leicestershire)
- Best Western Webbington Hotel (Axtbridge, Somerset)
- Travelodge Watford Central Hotel (Watford)
- Travelodge Manchester Trafford Park (Manchester)