Newest Review: ... dorms - minimalist without much style. Each room has a comfortable sofa, and feels reasonably spacious, if a little cold. In-room entertain... more
Hotels in Ipswich
Member Name: JGimpFood
Hotels in Ipswich
Date: 16/08/01, updated on 16/08/01 (181 review reads)
Advantages: Close to town centre
Disadvantages: Lack of parking, Spartan
Located close to the centre of Ipswich and Ipswich railway station, the 100 room Novotel provides basic and somewhat spartan (no wardrobe, just a shelf and a rail?) accommodation. The good size rooms have the feel of upmarket French student dorms - minimalist without much style. Each room has a comfortable sofa, and feels reasonably spacious, if a little cold.
In-room entertainment includes 4 radio stations, Sky Sports as well as 2 movies (the same two all week) and Playstation games.
Food is unexciting from a fairly limited menu- unless you're in a hurry, you're better off heading into Ipswich centre (only a few minutes walk, to vastly superior restaurants such as Venezia).
Car parking is very limited, so expect to have to hand your keys in at reception to allow them to juggle visitors' cars.
Overall there's nothing out-and-out wrong with the hotel, but pretty much everything is lacklustre, with a lack of attention to detail and customer care shown by the staff. For the money, in this area, you can do better, so unless the proximity to the station or Ipswich centre is an overriding concern, try to find somewhere else.
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- Only as good as a B and B
- Is this really four stars?
- Better than sleeping in your car?
- You wont need the television!
- Quality? What Quality? (UPDATED)
- A mixed package..
- Good budget hotel :)
- Lovely Location
- Cheap And Cheerful And Surprisingly Roomy.
- A value for money hotel on the outskirts of Manchester.
- Grange Manor (Grangemouth)
- Harvey's Dock Holiday Suites (Youghal)
- Rampsbeck Country House Hotel (Cumbria)
- Premier Inn York North West (York)
- Premier Inn Worcester (Worcester)
- Grange Strathmore Hotel (London)
- Travel Lodge (Warminister)
- Doubletree Hilton (Tower of London)
- Ramada Jarvis (Inverness)
- Christopher Hotel (Eton)