Newest Review: ... provide a very clear map in their directory (order one online) or you can print out from the site. In this case the Travelodge is l... more
Hotels in Shrewsbury
Member Name: mrsbbq
Hotels in Shrewsbury
Date: 25/01/04, updated on 25/01/04 (104 review reads)
Advantages: good value for money, easy to find, free parking
Disadvantages: difficult to set shower temperature
I booked on the Internet at www.travelodge.co.uk. This is very quick and easy. Some areas have lots of Travelodges, so its best to type in the postcode on the front page and a list of the nearest 5 Travelodges are given. Be careful, this is "as the crow flies" so check on a map the nearest really is the nearest by road. The room cost £30 per night, winter special rate. Breakfast not included.
Finding the Travelodge
Travelodge provide a very clear map in their directory (order one online) or you can print out from the site. In this case the Travelodge is located approximately 4 miles south of Shrewsbury at the A5/A49 roundabout. Parking is plentiful and free.
I thought I had paid online but giving credit card details only reserves the room. Booking in and paying (cash, visa, switch) took less than 5 minutes.
Standard Travelodge room with king size bed and sofa bed. There is a small amount of hanging space, extra quilt, pillows and spare sheet (to make up the sofa bed). Shower over bath is a "self-mixer" (the newer Travelodges have temperature controlled showers). Tea tray and kettle in the room, with extra supplies available for free (when reception is open). Make sure you arrive prepared with toiletries etc, these can be bought from reception but are expensive and choice is limited.
Next door is a Little Chef with pizza and Harry Ramsden takeaway. Takeaway is very good value, especially since I was given a 20% Travelodge customer discount. Opening hours vary. There is also a Dobies garden centre which has a market style food area. Two minutes walk brings you to a petrol station.
Hints and Tips
Within five minutes drive is a Sainsburys which opens at 7am, idea for buying cereal and milk (from roundabout take exit towards Shrewsbury, superstore signposted). This is also the park and ride into Shrewsbury.
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- Rip off and rude staff - AVOID
- Awful experience
- Travelodge Blackburn
- Queens - feels like royalty
- Travelodge Docklands, not quite the bargain I thought.
- Bowl me over at The Clova
- Prince Regent Hotel Brighton - Not Quite As Good As It Sounds.
- Not great but not too expensive either
- Not a pleasurable experience.....
- NOT A COCK AND BULL STORY
- Mercure Piccadilly Hotel (Manchester)
- Premier Inn Roby (Liverpool)
- Caledonian Thistle Hotel (Aberdeen)
- Hotel Lakeside (Cumbria)
- Hotel Ynyshir Hall (Powys, Wales)
- Drayton Manor Hotel (Birmingham)
- Best Western Ashling Hotel (Dublin)
- Hotel Y Branwen (Gwynedd, Wales)
- Hotel Kenneth Mackenzie Suite (Edinburgh)
- Hotel Longshoot (Nuneaton)