Newest Review: ... that I had booked the one room. Eventually the chap at the counter suggested I could spend the money (£173.91) at the bar and restaurant, ... more
Ibis Hotels in general
Member Name: LizzieMcc
Ibis Hotels in general
Date: 27/04/09, updated on 27/04/09 (81 review reads)
Advantages: Close to centre, cheap, breakfast included, carpark
Disadvantages: Room slightly small
One of my friends is getting married soon so for her Hen Do she opted to go to York. She knew which weekend she wanted to go but booking the accomodation proved to be a little difficult. Due to York being such a tourist trap it was either very expensive, or they wouldn't take a large party, we were 16 people.
We managed to secure a booking at the Ibis York and it turned out to be very good value. It was £75 for one night for 2 people sharing a double room (would have prefered a twin but was ok). We also managed to get breakfast and their internet package included so was a good offer.
The hotel is situated in a good location, it is a short walk (1/2 mile) from the town centre and about 10 minutes walk to the river. It also has its own carpark, which is invaluable in York as the parking is so expensive. The carpark isn't large but it is free and all of us who wanted to managed to get a space.
The hotel seems to have been recently decorated and had a nice contemporary bar. The rooms were clean, if a little small as was the bathroom, the only quirk being that the hot water in the shower was the opposite way to what it was labelled.
The staff were quite friendly, they didn't go out of their way but there were certainly no problems.
The breakfast was accetable, I wouldn't suggest it was the best I have had, although it is served for a long time, from 9.00 - 12.00 and we rocked up about 11.00 so the best was probably gone!
Overall, it was clean, comfortable option near to the centre, I would recommend it.
Summary: Good cheap accomodation
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- Comfy Bed but no Baked Beans for Breakfast!
- A small well-decorated hotel in Brighton
- Deep Down Below.
- Wales' top resort?
- There's a rubber duck in my room!!
- Drink Plenty for a Good Night's Sleep!
- Excellent cheap hotel in London
- Over rated, over prices and under staffed. A REAL VIEW OF THIS AVERAGE PUB
- A New Hotel With A Few Issues..
- Come fly with me
- Scafell Hotel (Borrowdale)
- Hampton Hilton Newport East (Newport)
- Mercure London Paddington Hotel (London)
- The City Hotel (Dunfermline)
- Aston Sheffield Hotel (Sheffield)
- Premier Inn Preston West (Preston)
- Newton Hall Holiday Centre (Blackpool)
- Hotel Express by Holiday Inn (London-Golders Green)
- Hotel Green Bough (Chester)
- Hotel Crowne Plaza (London-Docklands)