Newest Review: ... than the Travelodge and also great value when compared to independent Bed and Breakfast places. The entrance to the hotel was easy to lo... more
Guilty! ....of providing good quality rooms!
Jury's Inn (Galway)
Member Name: excelsior81
Jury's Inn (Galway)
Advantages: Excellent locations
Disadvantages: Internet through a capable?!?
Recently, I was having some renovations completed on my home and I needed to stay somewhere that was affordable, close to where I lived, but also was comfortable. I am not one for slumming it too much and I do think that hotel rooms should at least have a decent set of curtains to block the light out and a good range of toiletries for free!
I logged onto google and searched for local hotels within my area. I was somewhat surprised to find that there were many major chains available to choose from and all were reasonably priced...or so it would have seemed for their adverts, which were on occasion misleading.
I decided to give the Jury's Inn a go as it was a new edition to my local area. They had built a huge hotel close to the train station and I was eager to give it a go. I was however doubtful if it would actually be within my budget range.
The price I actually paid for the room was forty two pounds. This I thought represented excellent value for money. It was cheaper than the Travelodge and also great value when compared to independent Bed and Breakfast places.
The entrance to the hotel was easy to locate and the staff on arrival very polite and helpful. It did not feel like a chain of hotels, but rather a grand and austere kind of place. It created a 'Manhatten' appeal and it could have been a hotel lobby in New York...very grand for Watford!
There was a clear sense of welcome, but also of security which I found to be very reassuring. The hotel rooms for example, were only accessible via a lift, which in turn could only be accessed with your key card to your floor only. I really liked this additional touch.
The rooms were advertised as being spacious and bright with room for three adults to sleep comfortably in and in fairness, yes my room was, although three adults in the room for more than two nights could have led to injury or misery as it wasn't a huge room.
* One double bed
* One single bed
* Wardrobe with ample storgae
* additional blankets and pillows readily available
* Internet access via cable - which was a disapoointment as I would have hoped that a new place had wireless access
* Tea and coffee making facilities
* Freeview on a great sized flatscreen TV, more than enough channels to surf and a great size screen to watch in bed!
* High quality magazine with local information provided
* Great menu for room service and not all at a ridiculous price
* Thick curtains, ideal for blocking out all light
* One window did open, but only about six inches, I would have liked to have been able to lean out of my window!
* Superb air conditioning, I was able to keep cool during the day perfectly
* Lots of towels available
* A great range of tips to save water and energy provided
* Ample amount of shampoo and body wash, provided in big containers so there was no need to ration usage
* Comfortable toilet...no I am not being witty! Sometimes toilets are squashed into corners and there is not enough room to stretch legs or sit astride with comfort! This toilet was well situated with high quality toilet paper too.
* Powerful shower with constant hot water, I had a great shower for ten minutes, I would not have been able to have a bath however as this was quite small, they clearly wanted you to have a shower as the first option.
What the room lacked:
* Wireless internet access
* Dressing gowns (it got a bit nippy when coming out of the shower)
* More glasses for drinks, or greater variety in size and shape - I did not particularly like having to use my bathroom glass for a diet coke later in the evening!
All in all the experience of this hotel chain has been very positive indeed. I was impressed with the staff and the environment and the obvious pride that those working there had in their new hotel.
Would I recommend it? Yes I really would. For a short term option, it was really great and well supported by excellent travel links.
Jury's Inn.... I find you guilty of providing excellent service and great rooms at a reasonable price!
Summary: Bookmark their website
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- peaceful, stress free visit!
- Nice little venue, lovely rooms
- A Hotel That's Been Resting on its Laurels for Too Long
- Ideal for laying your head down after a concert!
- Horrid Hilton !
- Great location and soundproof sleep!
- Apex: WOW
- Center Parcs Longleat: The place to Be!
- Brighton boutique hotel
- Can You Bear Not To Stay In Paddington.