Newest Review: ... greeted very politely and asked to book in in which we did then showed to our room .Immediately on entering the room i was pleasantly sur... more
Great Location, bit average after that
Jurys Hotel (Bristol)
Member Name: Kpnuts158
Jurys Hotel (Bristol)
Advantages: Location, location, location
Disadvantages: Parking, lifts, price of a beer
This hotel has a seriously great location. For those that don't know Bristol, the city has a well defined centre. This hotel is a two minute stroll from this, based smack bang on the waterfront. After that, thats where my praise stops. The problem is that this hotel is just a bit average.
As location goes, you will struggle to get better in Bristol. So the question of price then comes up. As my company's HQ is in Bristol I stay here quite a bit and I know that depending when and how you book this hotel the price varies dramatically. If you can get it on the cheap (under £70 a night) and you want a crash pad in the centre then this is not a bed shout. If however you want a bit more from your stay, then I would recommend the Bristol City Marriott (see my other review).
The rooms at Jurys are small, but adequate, and have always been clean. There is not parking, and instead you have to park in the NCP next door. By staying in the hotel you are SUPPOSED to get a cheap rate on parking, but 50% of the time it goes wrong and you end up having to go back and forth to reception on check out. The staff in the hotel have always seemed professional if a bit disinterested. Breakfast is adequate, and what you expect from a place like this. A warning though, prices in the hotel bar are massive! Four drinks will cost you near to £25! Don't drink here, go across the waterfront to a range of other bars. The hotel is fairly tall, so you will have to use the lifts. The problem is that there isn't enough, and you will spend much wasted time waiting for them to come.
In summary, if you get it cheap then the location is cracking. Otherwise its all a bit average. Nothing really that wrong, nothing really that right.
Summary: If you get it on the cheap, you will do hard to beat the location. If not, don;t bother.
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- Luxury in Scarborough
- Travelodge Halifax - a pleasant surprise.
- Nite Nite for a great sleep at a great price
- Central Bristol Hotel - Great value for money and staff
- A great place to stay!
- Rest for the weary traveller?
- A comfortable hotel offering exceptional service and food
- Best Of British
- Good Value Stay
- We're No Longer Strangers Here.
- Travelodge (Liverpool, Aigburth)
- Premier Inn (Charing Cross, Glasgow)
- Hotels in Northumberland in general
- Hotels in Oxfordshire in general
- Best Western Palace (Isle of Man)
- Hotel Ibis (Elstree, Borehamwood)
- Holiday Inn (Sandy Bedford)
- Hotels in North Yorkshire in general
- Hotels in Nottinghamshire in general
- Hotels in Rutland in general