Newest Review: ... around including some females revving themselves up for a hen bash that evening. Although we didn't eat in the restaurant, the menu l... more
Great value hotel
Jurys Inn (Brighton)
Member Name: caroline1982
Jurys Inn (Brighton)
Advantages: Good standard for the price, friendly staff
Disadvantages: Price of drinks in the bar!
We stayed here over the Bank Holiday weekend in May for my friend's hen do. I booked this hotel as their minimum stay over the bank holiday was 2 nights, whereas a lot of hotels had a minimum stay of 3 nights. The other bonus was you can fit three adults to a room, which makes this a bargain option.
When we arrived in Brighton, we found the hotel quite easily. We arrived by minibus but some guests arrived by train and car, both were easy options as this hotel is right behind the main train station and there is a good NCP car park right opposite the hotel entrance.
When we arrived, we checked in without any problems, a miracle for a group of 24 girls!
The rooms were spacious, comfortable and spotlessly clean. There was a double bed and a single bed, which was great, as we had expected sofabeds so the third person was very happy! The beds were comfy. The bathrooms were nice and had Dove soap and shower gel on offer.
There was a great TV and tea and coffee making facilties with plenty of supplies.
We ate in the hotel bar and the food was quite nice, reasonable and the service was pretty fast. However, the drinks cost an absolute fortune and we were annoyed at being ripped off so much!!
On the last morning, we paid for breakfast and found this to be good value. It wasn't the best breakfast but there was a decent choice of hot and cold breakfast options, and drinks.
In general, the hotel staff were friendly and helpful throughout our stay, even giving us a takeaway pizza menu when we had the late night munchies in the early hours of the morning!
The hotel is well situated but is up a bit of a hill from the centre of Brighton so we did cheat and get a few taxis. However it was within easy reach of the town centre.
Would definitely recommend this hotel, great value and service and would return.
Summary: A great value budget hotel with clean, comfortable room and friendly service.
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- Nice little venue, lovely rooms
- Dooyoo have cause to visit?
- No Sky Sports, and The Ashes are on!
- If you can handle a little bit of road noise....
- Delivers everything you would expect from a boutique seafront hotel in Brighton
- An outstanding conference venue in the East Midlands
- Can You Bear Not To Stay In Paddington.
- Visit The Skylounge!
- A stones throw from Durham City Centre !
- A Decent place to stop for a night.
- Travelodge (Penrith)
- Ibis (Manchester, Charles St)
- Spa Hotel (Lancashire)
- Hilton Hotel (Cardiff)
- Daziel Park Hotel (Motherwell)
- The Eskdale Hotel (Langholm)
- Trevornick campsite (Cornwall)
- Hilton Caledonian Hotel (Edinburgh)
- Best Western Mostyn Hotel (London)
- Citadines Barbican Serviced Apartment (London)