Newest Review: ... the perfect place to relax and unwind. We chose to while away our weekend lazing in the health spa. But if you fancy something more energeg... more
Get-a way Relax!!!
Lanes Hotel (Brighton)
Member Name: gailsmith
Lanes Hotel (Brighton)
Date: 26/11/00, updated on 26/11/00 (205 review reads)
Advantages: Lovely views, very relaxing
Disadvantages: Bit pricey
If the floods, filthy weather and dreadful train service are taking their toll, maybe you need a weekend break.
you could recharge your batteries - and blow the budget - with a weekend break in a beautiful country hotel.
Ashdown Park Hotel and country club in Forest Row, East Sussex, could fit the bill.
Nestling in Ashdown Forest (home of Winnie the Pooh), this elegant hotel is the perfect place to relax and unwind.
We chose to while away our weekend lazing in the health spa. But if you fancy something more energegic, choose from tennis, swimming, golf and a fitness studio with personal trainers.
And there are miles and miles of walking trails with the forest just outside the gates.
Roaring log fires in the main rooms take away the chill after a bracing walk and provide bags of atmosphere. Dining at Ashdown Park is a gasrtonomic experience.
The weekend we stayed the hotel held one of their dinner nights which take place every few months.
For a set price of £45 you can enjoy a themed dinner including cocktails, wine and a five-course meal.
After such a magnificent feast and far too much wine, the charming bedrooms are very welcoming.
Some have four-poster beds and many have fabulous views over the gardens and lake.
If you want to venture further afield, there are many historical castles, houses and gardens nearby.
Tunbridge Wells and Brighton are also within easy reach.
Short breaks start at £195 per room per night for a two-night break, including dinner and B&B. Themed breaks include health and beauty specials and gastronomy weekends.
For more information on these breaks call Ashdown Park on 01342 824988 or visit www.ashdownpark.co.uk.
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- HELLton not Hilton
- Amerdale House - The best rest restaurant I know
- Nice town,shame about the hotel
- Pay for convenience
- Weekend hideaway
- Over rated, over prices and under staffed. A REAL VIEW OF THIS AVERAGE PUB
- A New Hotel With A Few Issues..
- Come fly with me
- Not The Best Of Budget Hotels
- Worst hotel i've stayed at!
- The Kenmore Club (Perthshire)
- Seaview Hotel (John O' Groats)
- Ramada Encore (Luton Airport)
- Jury's Inn (Sheffield)
- Premier Inn (Edinburgh, South Queensferry)
- Roomzzz Aparthotel Leeds City (Leeds)
- Seavista Bed and Breakfast (Newquay, Cornwall)
- Grand Central Hotel (Glasgow)
- The Rambler Inn (Edale, Derbyshire)
- Holiday Inn Express London Chingford (London)