Newest Review: ... it was a good choice as the service that was provided was exceptional from the planning stage right the way through until after the wed... more
Wedding at the Lion Hotel
Lion Hotel (Shrewsbury)
Member Name: bunnie1982
Lion Hotel (Shrewsbury)
Advantages: Well cooked food, top notch service
Disadvantages: Lack of parking facilities
When choosing a venue to host your wedding reception there is a lot to take into consideration including style of venue, value for money, food and entertainment.
My husband and I chose to host our wedding reception at the Lion Hotel on Wyle Cop and in my opinion it was a good choice as the service that was provided was exceptional from the planning stage right the way through until after the wedding.
The hotel is very characteristic with some lovely photo opportunities. We had our wedding reception in the ball room which consists of beautiful chandeliers. We chose quite a simplistic menu to suit out guests tastes, tomato and basil soup for starters, turkey dinner for the main course and profiteroles for the dessert.
We chose to have a master of ceremonies who was exceptional and ensured that we got the service we deserved, including sending champagne back as it was not sparkling enough.
We also had our evening reception at the Lion Hotel and had a small but tasteful buffet. We also stayed overnight in the Dickens suite which is a beautiful room and also the breakfast the following morning was wonderful.
I think my only niggle if anything is that there isn't much car parking space at the hotel itself.
But overall a wonderful experience which made our wedding extra special.
Summary: An already great day made even better by the Lion
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- Definitely went down with a splash
- Hilton Metropole London.
- NOT FOR A SPECIAL OCCASION
- Credit Crunch prices in hotels across the UK
- Disgusted with this so called leisure group
- Book if you get a good deal. Great for family of four
- To the Manor Born
- A Good Night Sleep Guaranteed!
- Ideal location.
- Good base from which to explore Oxford
- Holiday Inn Express Oxford Kassam Stadium (Oxford)
- Hilton Newport Hotel (Newport)
- Dolby Hotel (Manchester)
- Albany Hotel (Manchester)
- Ibis London Wembley Hotel (London)
- Ibis Birmingham Airport Hotel (Birmingham)
- Premier Inn Wolverhampton City Centre (Wolverhampton)
- Burton Arms Hotel (Manchester)
- Portland Thistle Hotel (Manchester)
- Swallow Hotel (Manchester Airport)