Newest Review: ... totally insulated from the noise outside, making for a very peaceful night's sleep. In fact, the only noise was from the aircon in the ro... more
Great choice for a short stay in London
London Bridge Hotel (London)
Member Name: Neenawneenaw
London Bridge Hotel (London)
Advantages: Great location, quiet comfortable rooms
Disadvantages: Room a bit small, aircon a bit annoying
The London Bridge Hotel does not lie - it is literally a 2 minute walk from London Bridge station.
As such, it was perfect for us staying just one night in London - central location, very convenient for getting us home on the train next day without having to trawl across London!
Being so close to the station I was worried about noise - but I needn't have. Our room was totally insulated from the noise outside, making for a very peaceful night's sleep. In fact, the only noise was from the aircon in the room - I never fully understand how they work and seem impossible to turn off or to a sensible temperature!
The room was small but very comfortable, with very large double bed (twins joined together), decent sized TV, and the usual tea and coffee, hairdryer, ironing board facilities etc. The bathroom was also compact but had everything you need including a good powerful shower with water temperature you can reliably control! Everything was spotlessly clean and well-presented.
Concierge and reception staff were attentive and helpful, so checking in and out was a smooth process. A buffet breakfast was included in our room price. There was a good selection of cold and hot breakfast items - the hot buffet (your eggs, bacon etc) was a bit greasy but we knew it was buffet adn it was probably about what I expected. Service of tea/coffee was very efficient.
All in all a good experience at a very good price for a nice central London hotel in the most convenient location possible for us - we paid about £90 for the night, though obviously this varies so shop around on price comparison sites. You would find the room rather small if staying for any amount of time - but for one or two nights this hotel represents an excellent choice.
Summary: Clean, comfortable, great location - what more do you want?
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- A Terrible Nights Sleep at Travelodge
- Disgusted with this so called leisure group
- A great Bed & Breakfast in Blackpool.
- Ideal place to stay before a morning flight!
- Exceptionally central [warning: long review!]
- For a bargain night!
- To the Manor Born
- A Good Night Sleep Guaranteed!
- Ideal location.
- Good base from which to explore Oxford
- Holiday Inn Express Oxford Kassam Stadium (Oxford)
- Hilton Newport Hotel (Newport)
- Hampton Hilton Newport East (Newport)
- Mercure London Paddington Hotel (London)
- Premier Inn Wolverhampton City Centre (Wolverhampton)
- Radisson Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel (London)
- The White Cottage (Cranfield)
- Radisson Edwardian Bloomsbury Street Hotel (London)
- Adniston Manor (Macmerry)
- Park Inn (Peterborough)