Newest Review: ... single occupation with breakfast costing extra. The rooms themselves are acceptable in terms of furnishing and facilities although my ma... more
Not great but not too expensive either
Madison Inn (Swindon)
Member Name: giantrobot42
Madison Inn (Swindon)
Advantages: Good location, relatively cheap for Swindon
Disadvantages: Cleanliness not great in the rooms
I've stayed in a wide variety of hotels in Swindon on business and have found through trial and error which ones are good and which are not. Unfortunately, the Madison falls into the latter category. It tends to be around £55 - £65 per night for a double room with single occupation with breakfast costing extra. The rooms themselves are acceptable in terms of furnishing and facilities although my main issue is with cleanliness. I've stayed here on a couple of occasions and have found that both times I've had to ask for someone to come and clean the room again. The carpets were not vaccuumed, the bed linen didn't look clean and the bathroom still had hairs from a previous resident (urgh). The staff dealt with my queries by changing my room for me but the alternative wasn't much better and after a long day, I decided to stay put.
In terms of facilities, it has all you'd expect from a 3 star hotel although the wi-fi does cost extra. It is well located, right next to the A419 and is close to a retail park and supermarket if you're bored in the evening. They do offer free access to the Nuffield gym but it's a 25 minute drive through Swindon to get to it so I can't see this appealing to everyone.
In summary I wouldn't recommend this myself, although it is one of the cheaper options in Swindon, it's offering an average experience.
Summary: A budget option if you're desperate but I would check elsewhere first
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- As you would expect
- Not bad for a 3* city centre hotel
- Am I in the right place!
- A wonderful stay by the canal
- Bowl me over at The Clova
- Prince Regent Hotel Brighton - Not Quite As Good As It Sounds.
- A comfortable hotel offering exceptional service and food
- Best Of British
- Good Value Stay
- We're No Longer Strangers Here.
- Travelodge (Liverpool, Aigburth)
- Mercure York Fairfield Manor Hotel
- Best Western Le Strange Arms Hotel
- Travelodge (Glasgow Central)
- Travelodge (Manchester Central Arena)
- Travelodge Wembley
- Cecil House Hotel (Brighton)
- Thistle Hotel (Cheltenham)
- Black Lion Hotel & Restaurant (Long Melford)
- Dalby Forest Log Cabins (Pickering)