Newest Review: ... purpose, there are not that many internal staircases to the upper floors of the Malmaison and the easiest way to reach them is by lift. T... more
wouldn't stay there again
Malmaison Hotel (Oxford)
Member Name: Ellieczy
Malmaison Hotel (Oxford)
Advantages: The bathroom
Disadvantages: Everything else
I stayed at the Malmaison in Oxford at christmas time and I can't say I enjoyed it!
We won a nights stay through a radio competition and were really excited about staying there as we have always wanted to experience what it was like.
The Hotel itself is gorgeous, beautiful surrounding and a beautiful building. We stayed in a double room which was converted from 3 cells. The room was lovely with a large bed and an amazing bathroom, it had a large bath and huge shower and a heated tiled floor. You could tell it was 5*. As we went a few days before christmas, the hotel was beautifully set out with christmas trees and decorations. There were 2 large christmas trees by the entrance as you came in.
Before we stayed in our room we ate at the restaurant there, completely overpriced in my opinion! There wasn't much for me to eat on the menu, so i ended up just having bread! The presentation of everyone elses food was pretty good, but they also agreed its expensive for what you get.
Our Room: Had a large TV on the wall, a large wardrobe with hangers, a mini fridge stocked with goods (although was a lot cheaper to just nip to the shop across the road). There were complimentary toiletries in the bathroom also.
1) The Bed was the hardest, most uncomfortable bed i've ever slept in! Neither of us slept all night because it was that uncomfy.
2) The heating was on way to hot, we tried to turn it down or off but couldn't- another reason we didn't sleep and there are no windows to open so we were basically stuck in an oven.
3) The TV channels were all out of sync, we had like 4 channels and the channel number did not correspond to the channel we wanted, which was frustrating.
4) at 5-6am a cleaner walked into our room and went "oh Sorry" and walked out, it's not like we were asleep as we could sleep but surely they must have known someone was in there?
5) The room was too dark, its a terrible light for putting on make up, i couldn't see what i was doing.
So when we woke (well got up as we didn't sleep) at around 8am i couldn't wait to get out of there! We were in bad moods, aching and hot! I left the room at 8:30 to go into town just to get some cold, fresh air! We left the room by 9.45 ( I think check out was 11/12)
I dont think i would recommend it either
Summary: Worst night's sleep in a long time
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- Nice little venue, lovely rooms
- Sea view or tin bath view?
- Great location, just don't expect a good night's sleep!
- The number one guest house in Inverness!
- The Eaton Oak - A Panic Buy Comes Up Trumps
- Days Inn - You Wouldn't Want To Spend A Night Inn
- Can You Bear Not To Stay In Paddington.
- Visit The Skylounge!
- A stones throw from Durham City Centre !
- A Decent place to stop for a night.