Newest Review: ... The bed sadly wasn't as soft/bouncy as we expected. Both of us, like children, sat down on it and were a bit disappointed, but I supp... more
Heaven is a place on earth...the Malmaison
Malmaison in general
Member Name: FlickeringEmber
Malmaison in general
Advantages: Amazing decor, food and drinks
Disadvantages: Some snobby staff, compulsory service charges
The atmosphere and decor is sexy, classy and sophisticated. I love the extra touches such as them leaving a note in the bathroom, encouraging you to take all the toiletries with you. They are also clever, in terms of marketing as they leave a bottle of wine there with a price tag on it and they find ways to encourage you to spend. The bathroom is incredible with a gogeous slate shower with a powerful water that is like rainfall. The bath is massive and I did not want to leave it and the bed was like a double-king-size. If you can bear to leave your room, the food and cocktails are second to none, although I objected to the compulsory service charge being added. They have some very original items to eat and drink and everything is well presented and delicious. Customer service is friendly but there are some pretentious people working there, and as I have stayed at 5 different Malmaisons, I can use this as a general statment.
It is my favourite hotel chain though and I am looking forward to my next visit.
Summary: The best hotel chain ever!
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- Right next to Wembley Stadium & Arena!
- Cardiff Bay's Future Inn!
- Overwater, and lots of sheep
- The Drovers Inn - Not all it may seem
- Cheap, but not always cheerful...
- Good location - lottery for the quality of the rooms!
- Simple, basic, nice hotel
- 4* Hotel for a Family of 3
- 1990's decor - up for a bit of retro?
- Common Barn Farm (Rainow)
- Dunstane City Boutique Hotel (Edinburgh)
- Crowne Plaza (Birmingham NEC)
- Apex City Quay Hotel (Dundee)
- Novotel (Newcastle Airport)
- The Ship Hotel (Parkgate, Wirral)
- Tune Hotel Kings Cross (London)
- Howard Winchester Hotel (London)
- Travelodge London Farringdon
- Squirrel Lodge Guest House (Keswick)