Newest Review: ... the Marriott which is a 10 minute walk away from Brindley Place, so it's not too far. The hotel lobby is attractive and inviting, and the r... more
High Quality Hotel
Member Name: mpamike5
Advantages: Super Bedrooms
Disadvantages: Not in City Centre
I used to stay at the City Inn in Birmingham which was very handy as it is close to my favorite restaurants in Brindley Place. However, i had been there for about 18 months (5 nights a week) and just couldn't take the chaos at breakfast time any more. It wasn't the staffs fault it was just too many people converging at the same time.
Anyway, my company booked me into the Marriott which is a 10 minute walk away from Brindley Place, so it's not too far.
The hotel lobby is attractive and inviting, and the rooms are very comfortable (for hotel rooms). They are well decorated, and the bed is kingsize, and it is the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever stayed in. It is also so well prepared (it looks like something out of a magazine). I have about 6 pillows and a duvet. The room has a nice table with two armchairs, a desk and a large interactive TV. No internet unfortunately (unless you want to pay). The bathroom is very large, with lots of towels, facecloths etc. and the combined air conditioning/heating system works perfectly well.
The hotel has an inviting bar, and a reasonable restaurant (I eat there when it's raining and don't want to get soaked walking to Brindley Place). The menu is not extensive but again it is fit for purpose. The food is not bad either and the staff take great care of you. Most of the staff in general are very friendly but of course you get the odd one that is false but don't all hotels have one of these?
I am very pleased, and have just booked the next 3 months.
Oh, and breakfast is quite good (the chef needs to improve his skills a bit), but is the choice is good, and I must say the breakfast experience is a very peaceful one. The lady that runs the breakfast restaurant is just superb, very motherly and very caring.
Summary: An excellent place to stay
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- A nice hotel if a bit pricey!
- See, it can be civilized in Nottingham!
- Eastbourne Seafront Travelodge
- A good place to Base yourself if you want an out and about holiday
- Travelodge - Barcelona
- Parking was quite a walk
- Stay in Dorset on the Isle of Wight
- North Star Hotel Good value for Dublin shopping and shows at the O2
- No way is this a Blackpool hotel?!
- Stay where Nelson's ships were built.
- Nulty's Self Catering Holiday Cottages (Dunmore)
- Ashtree House Hotel (Paisley)
- Best Western Glenridding Hotel (Cumbria)
- Charlton House (Somerset)
- Ibis London Wembley Hotel (London)
- Ibis Birmingham Airport Hotel (Birmingham)
- Travel Inn (Redhill)
- Holiday Inn (Kings Cross/Bloomsbury)
- Hotel Whitworth Hall Country Park (County Durham)
- B&Bs in Polperro