Newest Review: ... all the info we needed to know and which floor our rooms were on. We were offered help with our bags but we didn't need it since we only ... more
Need somewhere to stay in Manchester? Go here!
Novotel (Manchester Centre)
Member Name: AnnieLizzy
Novotel (Manchester Centre)
Date: 25/02/11, updated on 25/02/11 (16 review reads)
Advantages: Good value for money, Great location
I stayed one night at the Novotel Manchester Piccadilly in September 2010. I found the hotel through a site called Accor Hotels and a double room for one night cost £68 - not including breakfast It is 3 star hotel.
The hotel has an impressive reception, with high ceilings and a lot of space and comfy seats dotted around. We were given a very warm welcome by the concierge, who told us all the info we needed to know and which floor our rooms were on. We were offered help with our bags but we didn't need it since we only had a small overnight bag between us.
There is a bar and restaurant at the hotel but we didn't use them.
The room itself was a good size with a huge comfortable double bed. It had a large window overlooking a brick wall which isn't the most beautiful view but we were in the middle of a city so to be expected. There were all the usual things you expect such as a safe, television, wardrobe, ironing board kettle etc. There is free wifi and satellite TV but we didn't make use of it.
The room had its own en-suite bathroom with a shower and sink. The shower was amazing, warm and powerful - and enough room for 2 ;-). The bathroom itself was big enough so it didn't feel cramped. The toilet was in its own separate little room which is unusual but I can see why it could be useful.
The hotel is ideally placed for a visit to Manchester. It is just off Piccadilly gardens. It is about a 10 minute walk from Manchester Piccadilly station. It is also within easy walking distance of the Northern Quarter and the main shopping centre.
We went for breakfast elsewhere so I can't comment on that.
I would recommend this place if you are looking for a decent place to stay in Manchester without breaking the bank. It is an ideal base to explore Manchester from.
Summary: Great place to explore Manchester from
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- Definitely recommended!
- Not the best hotel chain in the UK today.
- Shabby Hotel with Rude Staff
- Cowboy clamper operating in the car park £185 fine for having a drink ,,,, BE VE ...
- Penny Pinchers
- The Jury is in - this hotel is a guilty little pleasure
- Our Stay at the Windlestrae
- A good Premier Inn
- Rest for the weary traveller?
- A comfortable hotel offering exceptional service and food
- Holiday Inn Express Oxford Kassam Stadium (Oxford)
- Hilton Newport Hotel (Newport)
- Hampton Hilton Newport East (Newport)
- Mercure London Paddington Hotel (London)
- The City Hotel (Dunfermline)
- Brewsterfield Lodge (Co.Kerry, Ireland)
- Travelodge (Romford)
- Holiday Inn (Cambridge)
- Premier Inn Caerphilly Crossways (Wales)
- Premier Inn Manor Royal (Gatwick)