Newest Review: ... a row (our third stay) as a stopping off point in a driving holiday in Europe. I don't find it offers value when we travel out of the a... more
Member Name: adrianhobson
Date: 05/09/03, updated on 05/09/03 (52 review reads)
Advantages: value, modern, breakfast included
Disadvantages: distance from airport, lack of park and fly rate
I like Novotel. Uncompromisingly modern and unpretentious. If you look out for their regular special offers they can be surprisingly good value.
We used the novotel in Heathrow for the second year in a row (our third stay) as a stopping off point in a driving holiday in Europe. I don't find it offers value when we travel out of the airport because of the lack of parking packages and its position outside the free bus system that runs into Heathrow.
Although beginning to show its age it remains well maintained and modern. At £70 for 2 adults and 2 kids including an excellent buffet breakfast it was good value.
Staff are efficient and attentive. Rooms are bright and modern although less grand that the 4 stars in the area. The pool is very small and the fitness room is very basic. The bar area is a pleasant atrium and the prices reasonable.
Breakfast was of the usually good standard.
Parking in a secure compound opposite the hotel is convenient.
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- The Crags in Callander. A great base to explore the Trossachs
- A relaxing experience
- Lovely experience
- Good location and value for money
- Ideal for laying your head down after a concert!
- Horrid Hilton !
- Great location and soundproof sleep!
- Travelodge Ashford
- Quiet and comfortable.
- Sounds like it should be a wine producer, but a great base for a weekend away.
- Doubletree Hilton (Tower of London)
- De Vere Orchard Hotel (Nottingham)
- Premier Inn (Gatwick North Terminal)
- Welbeck Hotel (Nottingham)
- Holiday Inn (Baingstoke)
- Traveller's Rest Inn (Grasmere)
- Premier Inn (London Beckton)
- Bristol Marriott Royal Hotel (Bristol)
- Bear of Rodborough (Gloucestershire)
- The Cambridge Belfry (Cambourne)