Newest Review: ... a row (our third stay) as a stopping off point in a driving holiday in Europe. I don't find it offers value when we travel out of the a... more
Member Name: adrianhobson
Date: 05/09/03, updated on 05/09/03 (51 review reads)
Advantages: value, modern, breakfast included
Disadvantages: distance from airport, lack of park and fly rate
I like Novotel. Uncompromisingly modern and unpretentious. If you look out for their regular special offers they can be surprisingly good value.
We used the novotel in Heathrow for the second year in a row (our third stay) as a stopping off point in a driving holiday in Europe. I don't find it offers value when we travel out of the airport because of the lack of parking packages and its position outside the free bus system that runs into Heathrow.
Although beginning to show its age it remains well maintained and modern. At £70 for 2 adults and 2 kids including an excellent buffet breakfast it was good value.
Staff are efficient and attentive. Rooms are bright and modern although less grand that the 4 stars in the area. The pool is very small and the fitness room is very basic. The bar area is a pleasant atrium and the prices reasonable.
Breakfast was of the usually good standard.
Parking in a secure compound opposite the hotel is convenient.
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- The Crags in Callander. A great base to explore the Trossachs
- A relaxing experience
- Lovely experience
- Good location and value for money
- Travelodge Ashford
- damons motel and restaurant
- Stay in Dorset on the Isle of Wight
- North Star Hotel Good value for Dublin shopping and shows at the O2
- No way is this a Blackpool hotel?!
- Stay where Nelson's ships were built.
- Lynam's Hotel (Dublin)
- County Hotel (Carnforth, Lancashire)
- Premier Inn (Ashington, Northumberland)
- Ramada Hotel (Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk)
- Best Western Castle Green Hotel (Kendal, Cumbria)
- NH Hotel (Kensington)
- London Hilton on Park Lane (London)
- Mayfair Hotel (Shanklin)
- Travelodge (Glasgow Paisley Road Hotel)
- Ramada Jarvis Hotel (Maidstone)