Newest Review: ... from Cardiff so you can either drive in or the hotel has a bus stop close by and Caerphilly has a train station with a train running to ... more
Premier Inn Caerphilly - peaceful hotel
Premier Inn Caerphilly (Wales)
Member Name: baker85
Premier Inn Caerphilly (Wales)
Date: 04/09/08, updated on 04/09/08 (310 review reads)
Advantages: quiet area, nice service, nice rooms, well maintained
It was first time ever, me and my girlfriend decided to spend a weekend in Premier Inn Caerphilly.
We spent there a bank holiday weekend in August. Wanted to book hotel in Cardiff but unfortunately everything was fully booked because of Madonna's concert. Were not really happy because of that but decided to reserve room.
Hotel is placed 7 and half miles away from Cardiff, which is not far. If you have car you can park it for free in hotels parking. If not - there is number 26 bus route every two hours going to Cardiff. The nearest bus stop is only 5 minutes walk from hotel.
Breakfast is not included in price of this hotel but you can order it when booking or on site. If you want to treat yourself with full breakfast it will cost you £7.50. You can have as much as you like. They offer some premium pork sausages, seasoned with nutmeg and sage; vegetarian sausages made with sautéed leek; plus your choice of freshly scrambled, fried, poached or boiled eggs, back bacon, Heinz baked beans, tomatoes, mushrooms, and much, much more. If this is not enough you may choose anything from continental breakfast selection too. Cheaper, lighter (continental) buffet is available at just £5.25 per person.
There is also a pub/restaurant in Cedar Tree hotel which is located just one minute walk from Premier Inn.
Heard that they offer WiFi internet access. Sorry but do not remember how much it is. Whether you need to take laptop with you or not, you can browse internet in there.
There are some rooms for disabled people with specially designed bed and step free location. This is subject to availability.
They have decent rooms in there with almost everything you would only need. For example:
* Comfortable king-sized beds
* Good quality duvets and pillows
* En suite bathrooms
* Shower gel
* Remote control TVs with Freeview channels
* Tea and coffee making facilities (there is an electric kettle and some bags with sugar, tee and coffee). Glasses and cups as well.
* Heater control
* Spacious desk area should you need to work
Everything is cleaned in daily basis.
Worth to visit
About 10 minutes drive from there (about 30 minutes walk) you can find wonderful, stunning Caerphilly Castle. It is really beautiful, huge and worth to see. Entrance is not expensive, as remember something like £3.50 per person.
To check in - you need to provide an ID as driving licence or passport for example. Without it they may not accept you. It almost happened to me. I had only my bank card with me. Thanks nice lady from reception we checked in - she did some cross check in system of our booking as from my card paid for reservation.
We spent there great time. There weren't any noises during night. We slept really well on this King size, comfortable bed.
For weekend (Saturday and Sunday night) we paid altogether £130.
Have to say that this is really good price for standard and comfort they offer.
We were very pleased from our stay in Premier Inn (Corbetts Lane) in Caerphilly.
Will choose them probably again if have to.
After visit they show how they care about customers and will send you survey.
If need to stay somewhere around - can strongly recommend it to you
Please rate my review and leave a comment possibly
Summary: Great place to spend night in
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- Hotel with Excellent Sea Views
- A great little hotel in the heart of Arundel
- Just a basic airport hotel
- Last Chance Central
- Location location location
- The Hilton Nottingham
- Excellent value for money.
- Travelodge, London Marylebone
- Making your stay perfect in every way.
- A decent stay (with the odd hiccup)
- Travelodge (Liverpool, Aigburth)
- Best Western Le Strange Arms Hotel
- Travelodge (Glasgow Central)
- Travelodge (Manchester Central Arena)
- Best Western Palace (Isle of Man)
- Premier Inn Newcastle Central (Newcastle)
- Antoinette Kingston Hotel (Kingston Upon Thames)
- Mary Arden Inn (Stratford-upon-Avon)
- Premier Inn Coventry East (Ansty)
- Travelodge Sheffield Richmond (Sheffield)