Newest Review: ... told our room was not yet available. No indications as to when it would be ready, just told to come back later. When we got into our ro... more
It would have been zero stars if I had the option.
Ramada Hotel (Chester)
Member Name: Trishajs
Ramada Hotel (Chester)
Disadvantages: I couldn't have mattered less
I had booked into this hotel for one night, but didn't like it before I had set foot in the hotel, in fact I hadn't even left home.
Now, I am aware that businesses are in business to make profits and that includes hotels. But they should always make it appear that that is not their prime raisin d'etre. They are supposed to follow the age old mantra- the customer always comes first. On this occasion I don't believe they did, and their attitude on my issues alone- tell me this is not a chain I ever want to book with again.
It doesn't matter about the facilities at the hotel, it is unimportant what the rooms are like- when you feel that you, as a customer are so far down their list of priorities that you are off the chart.
So what am I moaning about- let me explain:-
1. A few nights before our booking, I received a call at home from the hotel- the call was to advise that due to problems beyond their control there was going to be a power cut on the morning of my departure- now was this call to apologise, to offer us a discount, to give us the opportunity to change our arrangements? No the reason they were calling was to ask that I pay my bill on arrival as on departure their credit machines would not be working.
2. On arrival at the hotel, I advised the receptionist that I wanted to lodge a complaint about the phone call and I heard no more.
3. We booked a table in the restaurant and whilst waiting to be seated we heard them tell another couple at 19.30 that they would have to come back at 21.00 as they were fully booked. The couple pleaded to be fitted in, advising they were guests in the hotel, but to no avail. Ok seems fair enough if they are busy- but when we took our seat in the restaurant, from 19.30 until the couple duly arrived at nine, the restaurant was at it's busiest 25% occupied.
4. I had asked at the time of booking if they could provide lacto free milk. They hadn't- they acknowledge they knew about it- but had decided Soya milk would do.
5. We retired to the bar afterwards-I went to one area of the bar, but was told to move - about three feet to be served- Doh? I couldn't believe this, nor could my friend - who said he had watched in disbelief- so for the next drink he went up to the same point at the bar and was duly told to move to be served.
6. Back home and I wrote to the hotel about the power cut issue- this is what had annoyed me the most. I have heard nothing to this day- about 6 weeks later.
So I will not be booking in a Ramada again, they obviously don't care about their clientele- so the least I can do is return the favour.
Summary: Very very disappointing experience
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- A reasonably price- for a good nights sleep
- It was a bed for the night ...... BUT a dirty bed!!
- I didn't see no silver springs but, I did find a good bed!
- The Old Waverley
- No bouncy beds here!
- Central and cheap
- An OK Travelodge Hotel - Not the best ive stayed in but handy location
- Not quite as Grand as we expected
- Budget hotel of Cardiff!
- Simple, basic, nice hotel
- Travelodge (Penrith)
- Mercure York Fairfield Manor Hotel
- Best Western Le Strange Arms Hotel
- Travelodge (Glasgow Central)
- Travelodge (Manchester Central Arena)
- The Dartmoor Lodge Hotel (Devon)
- Westley Hotel (Birmingham)
- Slieve Donard Hotel (Newcastle)
- The Boythorpe Inn (Derbyshire)
- The Brigstow Hotel (City of Bristol)