Newest Review: ... courteously and efficiently. There were three staff on reception, plus a manager flitting between them to deal with any complicated queries... more
Good location and value for money
Member Name: adrianhobson
Date: 05/09/03, updated on 05/09/03 (159 review reads)
Advantages: Good location, Value for money, On site parking
Disadvantages: One child max, No pool, Expensive restaurants
The weekend rate with parking offers exceptional value for money. It?s a pity (for people like me travelling with two kids) that they seem to have reduced the maximum occupancy to 2 adults and a child recently.
The location could hardly be better. Plane spotters will love the proximity of the main runway and the Heathrow visitor centre is right next door. For those like me who begrudge paying £3 each way for the Heathrow Hopper the main London Transport route is immediately outside and, since the hotel is within the Heathrow Free Transport Zone, you can get to the Airport bus terminal every few minutes - free.
The rooms are standard international quality and restaurants expectedly pricey (McDonalds is opposite). One big drawback - especially if making comparisons with nearby hotels is that there is no pool.
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- The Crags in Callander. A great base to explore the Trossachs
- A relaxing experience
- Looking for "Ye Olde England"? Here it is!
- Up, Up and Wahey!
- Lovely experience
- Check Out/Check In
- If this is the Best, I'd hate to see their Worst
- Apex hotel London Wall
- Not to be confused with tea at the Ritz!
- Makes Basil Fawlty's Pile Look Like The Savoy
- Bewick Hotel (Gateshead, Tyne & Wear)
- Ibis Liverpool Centre Albert Dock (Liverpool)
- Cowley Manor (Cheltenham, Gloucestershire)
- Best Western Premier Leyland Hotel (Preston, Lancashire)
- Sundial Cottage (Aldeburgh, Suffolk)
- The Kimberley Hotel (Harrogate)
- Premier Inn (Llandudno)
- Q Hotels in General
- Hilton Hotel (Southampton)
- Scarborough Sands Apartments (Scarborough)