Newest Review: ... courteously and efficiently. There were three staff on reception, plus a manager flitting between them to deal with any complicated queries... more
Good location and value for money
Member Name: adrianhobson
Date: 05/09/03, updated on 05/09/03 (160 review reads)
Advantages: Good location, Value for money, On site parking
Disadvantages: One child max, No pool, Expensive restaurants
The weekend rate with parking offers exceptional value for money. It?s a pity (for people like me travelling with two kids) that they seem to have reduced the maximum occupancy to 2 adults and a child recently.
The location could hardly be better. Plane spotters will love the proximity of the main runway and the Heathrow visitor centre is right next door. For those like me who begrudge paying £3 each way for the Heathrow Hopper the main London Transport route is immediately outside and, since the hotel is within the Heathrow Free Transport Zone, you can get to the Airport bus terminal every few minutes - free.
The rooms are standard international quality and restaurants expectedly pricey (McDonalds is opposite). One big drawback - especially if making comparisons with nearby hotels is that there is no pool.
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- The Crags in Callander. A great base to explore the Trossachs
- A relaxing experience
- Looking for "Ye Olde England"? Here it is!
- Up, Up and Wahey!
- Lovely experience
- Ideal location.
- Good base from which to explore Oxford
- I bis be having a good nights sleep. (Only translatable to Bristolians!)
- Would have been "wel" good without the sleepless nights
- BEWARE IF YOU ARE ILL!!!!
- Hilton Newport Hotel (Newport)
- Hampton Hilton Newport East (Newport)
- Mercure London Paddington Hotel (London)
- The City Hotel (Dunfermline)
- Aston Sheffield Hotel (Sheffield)
- Travelodge Cardiff
- The Lord Bagenal Inn ( Leighlinbridge)
- Crowne Plaza Hotel (Glasgow)
- Rudding Park (Harrogate )
- Lumley Castle Hotel (Durham)