Newest Review: ... I know, but honestly I dont like being ripped off. Cant remember what my starter was but it was about 3cm long and 1cm wide and all I ... more
Michael Caines at ABode Exeter
Royal Clarence Hotel (Exeter)
Member Name: colinje
Royal Clarence Hotel (Exeter)
Advantages: none for you, only for his pocket
Disadvantages: £25 down the drain and still hungry
Michael Caines Restaurant at ABode?
Rubbish!! What a rip off!!!
My moan is not with the Royal Clarence Hotel Exeter, its the dreadful, pretentious, overpriced restaurant downstairs.
A friend and I went here for a set lunchtime taster menu. I know its only a taster menu for £17.50 excluding wine and what do I expect for a lunch menu at their cheap version of the evening menu? I know, but honestly I dont like being ripped off.
Cant remember what my starter was but it was about 3cm long and 1cm wide and all I could taste was salt. My friends starter was a tiny tiny piece of fish about the same size a kind of sauce, which my friend said was the nastiest, nastiest sauce he had ever tasted. He had fish again for his main which was not fresh - quite sad when we are surrounded by fish in the Southwest. My main was a piece of chicken thigh from a sparrow and it was so grissly and meatless it made me feel sick. Well we moaned and monaed and when the obnoxious, pompous, nauseating creep of a waiter came to our table we couldnt help but let forth our disgust. We told him that was the most disgusting inedible food we had ever had laid before us.
We felt sorry for the poor couple who had just arrived, sat down next to and had only just ordered. Ooppps. Anyway we cancelled desert and left. We saw the couple later on that afternoon and they came over to us and said that they too were disgusted and also had cancelled the rest of their meal and left.
So, I know you get what you pay for but I feel that this really was a complete rip off. No cooking expertise had gone into that meal, it was dish up crap quality food and sell it with Mr Caines name behind it. I have eaten in Motorway Service Stations better than that, and thats saying something.
Summary: Dont ABode with him
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- Decent place but a few too many problems for us!
- Luxury in London
- Staying in the middle of a Monopoly Board
- Nobu has to be the worst sushi restaurant I have ever been to...
- A wonderful honeymoon and more!
- Would have been "wel" good without the sleepless nights
- BEWARE IF YOU ARE ILL!!!!
- Visit The Skylounge!
- A stones throw from Durham City Centre !
- A Decent place to stop for a night.
- Time Out Hotel (Leicester)
- Royal Hop Pole Hotel (Tewkesbury)
- Ashtree House Hotel (Paisley)
- Best Western Glenridding Hotel (Cumbria)
- Charlton House (Somerset)
- Ibis London Wembley Hotel (London)
- Ibis Birmingham Airport Hotel (Birmingham)
- Clumber Park Hotel (Nottingham)
- Hall Garth Golf and Country Club (Darlington)
- County Hotel (Ipswich)