Newest Review: ... was in the Queen Mary suite which is on the second floor. The HUGE queen size bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever been in and... more
Stunning London hotel
Russell Hotel (London)
Member Name: sambilambi
Russell Hotel (London)
Advantages: Impressive recpetion, lovely staff, good bar
Disadvantages: Rather expensive, breakfast is dreadful
A quintessential hotel in London that delivers exactly what you would want. The impressive reception is awe inspiring and makes you feel like royalty. I've stayed her twice now. The first was in the Queen Mary suite which is on the second floor. The HUGE queen size bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever been in and the opulent decor made it feel even more special. The second time however I was on the top floor in a smaller, modern room painted in rich red with glass and lights. It was still impressive but not exactly what you want when staying in such an amazing building. The staff are lovely and friendly and will go above and beyond to help out, especially if you need somewhere to keep your bags when you check out. The only big problem we felt was the breakfast. It was horrendously cold and this happened on two consecutive days!! It's really not worth the extra money, especially when London is on your door step with millions of cafes. A what with Russell Square underground a 30 second walk away, it really is a fab place to stay.
Summary: Lovely hotel that delivers exactly what you want - oppulence & a feeling of being a bit posh!!!
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- City Inn, definately the in place to stay
- The Wiltshire Hotel and Country Club - golf ahoy!
- Teeny tiny bathroom but fantastic hotel!
- Horrible Inn Heathrow Airport
- Park, Sleep, Fly!
- Burstin with laughter
- White Hart has a special place in my Hart
- Stay and Play at the Drayton Manor Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express, Perth
- The Riverside Hotel (Branston, Staffordshire)
- Travelodge Central Princes Street (Edinburgh)
- Premier Inn (Brentwood, Essex)
- The Roseber Hotel (Newcastle-upon-Tyne)
- Premier Inn Newcastle Team Valley (Gateshead)
- Express Holiday Inn (Perth)
- White Hart Hotel (Lincoln)
- Hotel Indigo (Edinburgh)
- White Heather Hotel (Isle of Skye)
- Premier Inn (Dover)