Newest Review: ... I have been in many hotels and this room was more akin to something I would find in a travel lodge next to a service station. The decor wa... more
Don't expect the Ritz
Talbot Hotel (Wexford)
Member Name: degsy70
Talbot Hotel (Wexford)
Advantages: Location, parking
On our recent trip to Ireland we stayed in a variety of hotels and on a pure price comparison this was the biggest let down. The staff were very friendly, good parking facilities, lovely lobby area but the room was a big let down. I have been in many hotels and this room was more akin to something I would find in a travel lodge next to a service station. The decor was extremely bland and there was a nasty smell of sewers. There was no air conditioning either. The bathroom was perfectly fine but I felt the rooms could have been greatly improved. We had to close all the windows to prevent the smell getting in which of course made the room hotter! I had heard good things about the hotel but if we were staying there for more than one night we would have complained. It had been refurbished quite recently but this was only the areas where first impressions count i.e. the lobby and lounge area.
Despite being reasonably priced (in region of sixty euros) I was most disappointed.
I have since had a response form the hotel following my complaints and they have apologised and said that they would look into the problem of the smell and have offered me a free upgrade if I choose to stay there again in the future. Unlikely.
Summary: see review
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- Wont be my last stop to the Last Drop
- Not as bad as you may think ...
- A reasonable example
- Centralized advance booking ridiculousness at the Travelodge today
- Beware the extra unseen charges
- I bis be having a good nights sleep. (Only translatable to Bristolians!)
- Would have been "wel" good without the sleepless nights
- BEWARE IF YOU ARE ILL!!!!
- Visit The Skylounge!
- A stones throw from Durham City Centre !
- Premier Inn (Inverness West)
- The Crown Hotel (Langholm)
- Nulty's Self Catering Holiday Cottages (Dunmore)
- Travelodge (Hartlepool)
- Premier Inn (Newcastle Airport)
- Ibis Styles (London Southwark Rose)
- Maison Talbooth (Colchester)
- Holiday Inn (Kings Cross/Bloomsbury)
- Hotel Whitworth Hall Country Park (County Durham)
- B&Bs in Polperro