Newest Review: ... it! On arrival, the building does look a little worn and in need of some TLC. Though, when we entered the lobby and waiting arena was ver... more
Tara Towers Hotel... >>> Hit or miss <<<
Tara Towers Hotel (Dublin)
Member Name: xxxLOUISExxx
Tara Towers Hotel (Dublin)
Date: 17/07/09, updated on 23/07/09 (32 review reads)
Advantages: Good value, good food
Disadvantages: a little dated
I stayed at the Tara Towers hotel last weekend. It is situated in Dublin, Ireland, in the Ballsbridge area. I was attending a concert in the RDS arena , so this was the closest hotel available. It stated on the hotel site that it was 15 mins from the RDS, it was more like a 30 minute walk.
The hotel itself is fairly easy to find, though as there was no exact number on the address for the hotel we had to just keep driving down the Merrion road to find it!
On arrival, the building does look a little worn and in need of some TLC. Though, when we entered the lobby and waiting arena was very nicely decorated and modern. The staff were helpful and we had checked in within minutes.
When we booked the room, we booked a double non-smoking. Though when we got to the room it was a family, smoking room. Not a big issue but a double usually has a little more space.
The furniture and overall look of the room was a little dated. We were only staying one night for the concert so this wasn't really a concern, however I wouldn't really like to be staying for a long period. The room was well cleaned with fresh bed clothes and towels. The windows only opened a little at each side which was very annoying as the room got so warm. The view was far from scenic, we were looking onto factory roof tops and workers out on smoke breaks. :-(
However!!! For the price and our length of stay it wasn't really as bad as it sounds. We got a double room with breakfast for £60, which was a lot lot cheaper than many other hotels nearby.
The breakfast in the morning was served from 7.30-10.30, it was laid out in a carvery style, you helped yourself to as much as you wanted. The food was nice and very good value as this was included in our price.
check in time: 2pm
check out time: 12pm
Overall, I would suggest this hotel for a budget stay if attending a concert or event in the RDS, a short business stay or maybe just an over night stay before a flight. It is good value for money but not just as high spec as a lot of hotels I have stayed in before in Dublin.
Summary: Overall a good budget hotel, not recommended for long stay
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- Nice little venue, lovely rooms
- Ideal for laying your head down after a concert!
- Thurnham hall
- Staying At This Inn Isn't Much of a Holiday
- Belsfield Hotel Windermere
- Nice cheap hotel in a great location
- I'm not Burstin to return!
- Can You Bear Not To Stay In Paddington.
- A stones throw from Durham City Centre !
- A Decent place to stop for a night.
- Red Hall Hotel (Lancashire)
- Ramada Encore (Luton Airport)
- Jury's Inn (Sheffield)
- Hotels in West Sussex in general
- Hotels in West Yorkshire in general
- Hotels in Wiltshire in general
- Hotels in Worcestershire in general
- Old House Hotel (Wickham, Hampshire)
- Rhinefield House Hotel (Lyndhurst, New Forest)
- Hotels in East Sussex in general