Newest Review: ... like both clean and welcoming. Two good things. First of all - the location. It's right next to the beach, so the kids didn't have far to ... more
BB Weymouth - feels like the med
The Nook B+B (Weymouth)
Author Name: Sam
The Nook B+B (Weymouth)
Advantages: location, clean, welcoming
The name of the B&B has probably changed since the previous review, as it's now called B&B Weymouth, and appears to be part of a small chain of boutique B&Bs. I loved my time at B&B Weymouth, mainly because it's so well situated but it's a clean, welcoming place, and I like both clean and welcoming. Two good things.
First of all - the location. It's right next to the beach, so the kids didn't have far to run until they were covered in sand. Secondly, the views - if you're lucky enough to get a sea view, it's breath-taking, and the decor really does make it feel as if you're in the mediterranean. It's not so exciting if the weather's dull, and I might have preferred a bit more colour in the room, but on the sunny days we were there, it was great.
Secondly, it's inexpensive compared to hotels in the area, which is the main reason we went for it in the first place. But it doesn't feel cheap. Breakfast is tasty and the kids never complained, which isn't like at home.
Thirdly, the area - just down the road you've got Lulworth Cove and all the cliffs, and a short drive away, you've got the Monkey Sanctuary which the kids absolutely loved, so much so they wanted us to go twice.
If we go back to Weymouth, we'd probably stay at the B&B Weymouth again. Bit of a generic name, but it does what it says on the tin (and a bit more). Their website is http://www.bb-weymouth.com
Summary: Clean and welcoming boutique B&B which doesn't cost the earth.
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- A Pleasant and Central Hotel in Blackpool
- A SUPER STAR!
- I won't be going back!
- Nice hotel, not a great location
- Brilliant value apartments in Edinburgh
- Helpful staff but accessible room is not accessible
- The Jury is in - this hotel is a guilty little pleasure
- Our Stay at the Windlestrae
- A good Premier Inn
- Rest for the weary traveller?
- The Kenmore Club (Perthshire)
- Seaview Hotel (John O' Groats)
- Ramada Encore (Luton Airport)
- Mercure (Nottingham)
- Premier Inn (Edinburgh, South Queensferry)
- Apex International Hotel (Edinburgh)
- Bailbrook Lodge Hotel (Bath)
- Berjaya Eden Park Hotel (London)
- Strand Palace Hotel (London)
- Corus Hotel (Glasgow)