Newest Review: ... of Parliament to Actors. On my second visit, i arrived in a taxi outside the hotel and immediately there was a porter at the door dres... more
LOVE THE LUXURY AT THE DORCHESTER
The Dorchester (London)
Author Name: pidge126
The Dorchester (London)
Advantages: LUXURY AT ITS HIGHEST
Disadvantages: CAN BE EXPENSIVE
I have now stayed at The Dorchester Hotel, Park Lane, twice now and i have to say that on both occasions the service, attentive but not over-powering, the consideration, decor, space, cleanliness and personlisation is second to non.
It is one of the most well known hotels in the world and this hotel has been called home by some of the most well known people in the world from Members of Parliament to Actors.
On my second visit, i arrived in a taxi outside the hotel and immediately there was a porter at the door dressed in immacualte green dorchester uniform opening the door for me. He then took my luggage and escorted me to the check in desk.
Upon check in, the attendant said "Welcome to the Dorchester", however once she had found my booking she began to apologised and said, "I am so sorry, welcome BACK to The Dorchester".
The service is impeccable and the staff cannot do enough for you.
The rooms are immacualte, spacious and luxurious.
The food is well presented, fresh and the hotel serves great English food but also food of different tastes, cultures and countries. There is a restaurant in the hotel called The Grill for modern cuisine and also another one called 'China Tang' which is chinese food at its finest.
The price can be quite steep, especially in the week however the saying you get what you pay for certainly rings true for this hotel.
Additionally, on my second visit it was my birthday. When i telephoned to book theroom, i was asked it it was a special occasion, not expecting it to matter, but when i got to my room later in the evening, a knock on the door showed to be a waiter who had bought me up a chocolate birthday cake compliments of The Dorchester Hotel.
This hotel is very highly recommended. High quality service, luxurious hotel.
Summary: LUXURIOUS, EXPENSIVE BUT SOO VERY WORTH IT.
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- A Good Inn for Friends, Countrymen and Romans
- Priemer Inn Dublin Airport
- Express by Holiday Inn - all you need for a good value break
- Could do better!
- Start your holiday stress free
- Park, Sleep, Fly!
- Burstin with laughter
- White Hart has a special place in my Hart
- Stay and Play at the Drayton Manor Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express, Perth
- Maple Hotel (Dublin)
- Mercure Piccadilly Hotel (Manchester)
- Premier Inn Roby (Liverpool)
- Caledonian Thistle Hotel (Aberdeen)
- Drayton Manor Hotel (Birmingham)
- Best Western Ashling Hotel (Dublin)
- Park Plaza County Hall Hotel (London)
- Dylan Hotel (Dublin)
- Barcelo Edinburgh Carlton Hotel (Edinburgh)
- The Lord Bagenal Inn ( Leighlinbridge)