Newest Review: ... facilities in every room. We have stayed here as a family for the past 5 yrs and enjoyed every minute of our stay. The staff are all fabul... more
Outstanding Seafront Hotel
The Salty Dog (Bangor)
Member Name: stimpins
The Salty Dog (Bangor)
Advantages: So many to list it would be a 2nd review!
Disadvantages: none at all
This Hotes was formerly known as The Bangor Bay Inn. It was a very traditional family run hotel then, but has now changed names to The Salty Dog.
It is still family run but really upgraded, trendy and modern and all en-suite and satalite facilities in every room.
We have stayed here as a family for the past 5 yrs and enjoyed every minute of our stay. The staff are all fabulous, friendly and professional. I'm disabled and anything I have ever needed....including medication refridgerated, they have done without any hint of making me feel like an outcast. There is a major shopping centre within walking distance, a fair ground every summer, fireworks displays in October and a childrens play ground at the end of a beautiful walk along the sea front. All front rooms over look the sea where you can sit in the comfort of your room and watch the sailboat and yacht races taking place. The Hotel has nightly entertainment with 2 bars if you don't feel like going out clubbing. The food is delicious and the variety of choice is outstanding. I forgot to mention it has a private carpark to the rear.
Make a point when in Northern Ireland of visiting this Hotel and see for yourself the high standards. I myself can't wait to visit again in August 2009.
Summary: You will visit this local Hotel and never want to go abroad again....other than wanting sunshine
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- Wembley Plaza fit for a rock star
- The Palace... A cheap palace!
- Hilton Gatwick
- Ok for a couple of days and if you have a car!
- Premier Inn Clacton-on-Sea
- Check Out/Check In
- Apex hotel London Wall
- Not to be confused with tea at the Ritz!
- Premier Inn, Inverness West.
- Makes Basil Fawlty's Pile Look Like The Savoy
- Hilton Newport Hotel (Newport)
- Hampton Hilton Newport East (Newport)
- Mercure London Paddington Hotel (London)
- The City Hotel (Dunfermline)
- Aston Sheffield Hotel (Sheffield)
- Mayfield House Hotel (Malmesbury)
- Weetwood Hall (Leeds)
- Buckerill Lodge Hotel (Exeter)
- Holiday Inn (Manchester-Salford Quays)
- Tillmouth Park Country House Hotel (Cornhill-on-Tweed)