Newest Review: ... up). It is also near the Buchanan bus station, Glasgow Charing Cross train station and Glasgow Queen Street train station so offers up ... more
Thistle Hotel (Glasgow)
Member Name: llamass
Thistle Hotel (Glasgow)
Advantages: Clean and comfortable with all the standard facilities
Disadvantages: Everything is reasonable but little is outstanding
The Thistle Hotel is ideally located in the centre of the town just off Sauchiehall Street and a five minute walk from the main bus terminal, Queen Street train station and the underground as well as the main shopping and bar districts. Parking is available on site for an extra charge.
Rooms here are of a reasonable size and are clean with comfortable beds and surroundings. The bathrooms are of similar cleanliness and quality. The rooms come with all the standards expected of a hotel-wireless internet throughout the building, tea service in the rooms and the opportunity to have one of the executive or suite rooms-I haven't stayed in such a room and so can't advise if the upgrade is worthwhile.
Breakfast is in the form of a buffet and has a good choice. The coffee was also of a reasonable quality! The on site restaurant and bar is the AnnLann and is a pleasant area to relax with a drink. The food is not bad but there is better available for a similar price in the city nearby. There is also a health and leisure club with pool available to guests.
The outside of the hotel is well-kept but a little ugly and the atmosphere inside reasonably welcoming but a little clinical.
The standard room rate is around 80 pounds and a little on the steep side for a standard service but there are frequent special offers.
Summary: Good but not exceptional
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- Stunning London hotel
- City Inn, definately the in place to stay
- While the sub-£100 online deals continue, this is the best bargain in London.
- Not a bad place to rest your head in Milton Keynes, but not the greatest either.
- 4* Hotel for a Family of 3
- 1990's decor - up for a bit of retro?
- A cosy weekend
- Cheap and cheerful, in the heart of Chester
- I think they've crowned a winner!
- Hampton Hilton Newport East (Newport)
- Mercure London Paddington Hotel (London)
- The City Hotel (Dunfermline)
- Aston Sheffield Hotel (Sheffield)
- Premier Inn Preston West (Preston)
- Travelodge (Sunderland Central)
- Hotel De Vere Grand Harbour (Southampton)
- Hotel Bridge House (Reigate)
- Lake House B&B (Brixworth)
- Hulks Parlour (Lydney)