Newest Review: ... up). It is also near the Buchanan bus station, Glasgow Charing Cross train station and Glasgow Queen Street train station so offers up ... more
Thistle - Glasgow
Thistle Hotel (Glasgow)
Member Name: busbyw
Thistle Hotel (Glasgow)
Date: 25/04/03, updated on 25/04/03 (479 review reads)
Advantages: Sizable Rooms, Location, Facilities
The Thistle hotel Glasgow is situated on Cambridge Street, just off Glasgow?s main Suchiehall Street. It?s literally about 100 yards from the heart of Glasgow's shopping centre. There are plenty of pubs, restaurants within walking distance, with a cinema and theatre within 10 minutes walk.
The hotel itself has a coffee shop, fitness centre, lounge bar and a reasonably sized swimming pool. The rooms are spacious each having a king sized bed or two singles, TV, phone, trouser press, separate iron, desk, table and chairs. The décor is not what you would call contemporary but it is clean and of a good standard.
I had breakfast delivered to my rooms whilst staying, it was OK, not as good a selection as I?ve had in other hotels especially for £11.50, but it was filling and delivered on time. I didn?t eat at the hotel at any other time as there are loads of places to eat in Glasgow.
Normal prices start around £80 and go up to £204 depending upon the time you are stopping and the level of luxury. Corporate rates can be negotiated however if you are in Glasgow on business.
The pool and fitness areas are clean and well kept if a trifle small, best time to go is around 1900hrs, that way you avoid the after work fitness fanatics.
On the whole the Thistle hotel is pretty good value for money.
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- COPTHORNE 'COPPED' OR JUST CONNED
- Luxurious Hotel and a Moathouse Hotel associate
- Menzies Waterside Hotel
- The Riviera Hotel, Plymouth - Relief!
- A nice way to stay!
- The Hilton Nottingham
- Excellent value for money.
- Travelodge, London Marylebone
- Making your stay perfect in every way.
- A decent stay (with the odd hiccup)
- Mercure Bristol Holland House
- Malmaison (Belfast)
- The Greyhound Inn (Ganton Scarborough)
- Premier Inn (Leeds East)
- The Victorian House Hotel (Glasgow)
- Britannia Country House Hotel (Didsbury)
- The Craig Manor Hotel (Windermere)
- Premier Inn (Heathrow Airport)
- Crowne Plaza (London - St James)
- Holmlea Guest House (York)