Newest Review: ... going through Heston (ring the hotel and they'll give you details), I also believe that you can get to it via the Eastbound services - chec... more
Great value room for a stress free start to your holiday
Member Name: flodombey
Advantages: Price - from £19 with advanced booking
Disadvantages: Noise, basic rooms
I have used this Travelodge a couple of times, as a frequent traveller it is a great way to start your journey refreshed if its an early flight by staying the night before at one of these places. This particular one on the M4 is very convenient for Heathrow and whilst not a top notch hotel in any respect you most definitely get value for money if you are on a budget.
As with all Travelodges the room is very basic, however they have everything you could possibly need for a good nights sleep and an early start and, in my experience, always tend to be clean and functional. Travelodge do not provide the extras you might expect like a telephone in the room but these days who doesnt own a mobile? There is always a kettle and for me thats absolutely essential to get me out of bed in a morning.
The bathrooms are basic but again clean, if you want a decent towel use your own and dont expect a hair dryer, ive been caught out at this place before not having my own with me - they do offer them on reception but they literally have about 3 for the entire hotel and first thing in a morning they tend to be out on loan pretty much from the word go!
Thanks to Travelodge's early booking system and various year round special offers I have never paid more than £29 for a room here. To get to Heathrow is literally a 15 min journey and for the lack of stress its well worth it. You cant really do anything about the noise of traffic and planes but then you are right next to both the M4 and an international airport.
Take it for what its worth - a value room in a basic chain hotel and an easy way to start your holiday without a long drive - and its a good place to stay.
Summary: No frills room but kind to your pocket
More reviews in the field of Hotel National
- Going via Eurotunnel? Stay here on the way.
- Dalby Forest Lodges: (Log) Cabin Fever!
- Can a Sticky Toffee Pudding Justify a Sleepless Night?
- Cairndale Hotel - Wedding Receptions/Overnight Stays/Can I Stay Forever?
- Huckster Hoxton
- Helpful staff but accessible room is not accessible
- Typical Travelodge
- The Jury is in - this hotel is a guilty little pleasure
- Our Stay at the Windlestrae
- A good Premier Inn
- Millennium Hotel Mayfair (London)
- The Kenmore Club (Perthshire)
- Seaview Hotel (John O' Groats)
- Ramada Encore (Luton Airport)
- Jury's Inn (Sheffield)
- Premier Inn (Edinburgh, South Queensferry)
- Royal Hop Pole Hotel (Tewkesbury)
- Clumber Park Hotel (Nottingham)
- Hall Garth Golf and Country Club (Darlington)
- Charlecote Pheasant Hotel (Stratford Upon Avon)